Wheels/Tires Questions and discussion about wheels and tires should be posted here.

Cracks In Side Walls

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 01:21 PM
So-Cal Street Glide
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RIPSAW
Sadly yes but I fill your pain and I would be pisses. The dealer can eats this a whole lot easier then you. That is why I guess you call them stealer's. That is polite for what I think about then around here. Starts with a 'c 'for my terms of endearment. . But is right on the tire site under warranty. Bet if it's obvious you did not damage it (being on both sides and if directly across he is going to think you pot holed it) he will not charge you.

Dunlop tire warranty UP TO 50% WORN
If, during the first fifty percent (50%) of tread wear, the tire becomes serviceable for a condition covered by this warranty, it will be replaced with a comparable new Dunlop tire. You pay only for retailer services, such as mounting and balancing.
I get both sides of the issue and do understand how a few people can abuse the system which is why dealerships impose stricked guidlines but something like cracks in the side wall is an obvious defect that no one can duplicate. I think the dealer should absorb the cost since nothing anyone could do could have caused this issue, 1 hour labor for a front tire isn't too much to ask a dealer to eat and seems like something they should offer just to keep loyal customers happy.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:40 PM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,040 Likes on 4,226 Posts

Originally Posted by So-Cal Street Glide
I get both sides of the issue and do understand how a few people can abuse the system which is why dealerships impose stricked guidlines but something like cracks in the side wall is an obvious defect that no one can duplicate. I think the dealer should absorb the cost since nothing anyone could do could have caused this issue, 1 hour labor for a front tire isn't too much to ask a dealer to eat and seems like something they should offer just to keep loyal customers happy.
I 100% agree. If it were me I would politely push the issue to the top if that is what it took.

Old 12-02-2012, 04:51 PM
1sicmofo
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by So-Cal Street Glide
pay them with a credit card then let the credit card company fight with them to get your money back.

Old 12-06-2012, 06:53 PM
wormie
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad tire

I've been through 3 and about to go back for the fourth as this one has started after 1500 miles all on the same side .