Wheels/Tires Questions and discussion about wheels and tires should be posted here.

heLP... Problems with 2012 Softail Deluxe and the Motor Comp. has no idea what wrong.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 10:35 AM
ggreco0313
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

According to the dealer and MOCO they have exhausted all there options which we know is BS

Originally Posted by Clayvis
Bummer. Have they looked to see if something is out of whack with the forks or triple trees? Sounds like a front end problem of some kind. Either that or a bent frame? Hope they sort it out or swap it for a new one for ya....Might need to get a lawyer involved as a last resort..

Old 10-03-2012, 10:39 AM
ggreco0313
Novice

Funny you said that, Yes they said it was normal and bike rides fine. Last time they had the bike they replaced the neck bearing because they said it was notch. They also send down rep from MOCO and i never received and answer from Rep what was done to bike. Dealer said same thing , did fallaway test and passed. Dealer and MOCO STILL HAS NOT TOLD ME WHAT EXACTLTY WAS DONE TO BIKE

Originally Posted by land of giants
Gather all your documentation, dealer service receipts, notes, names and dates and file a lemon law case on them.
Tell them you want a new replacement, they do it on occassion, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
I know, you've already been greased! But try it and see.
I'm surprised they did not tell you it was normal for this model!

They told me that for same isuue on my 2010 NEW Road King.
I told them i thought neck bearings were too loose, they said no, passed the fall away test.
So I sent for a tech to come, I adjusted my neck bearings a few days prior, which cured my problem. Tech drove it and said it was fine, that's when I told him i fixed it by adjusting neck bearings!

Old 11-08-2012, 10:36 PM
wormie
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12' Street Glide

I'm going through almost the same issue with my bike . It has 7k on it and from the go it's had a wobble leaning left and vibration in the front end . I've been through 3 front tires , wheel bearing , and neck bearing the last front tire was today and all they say or ask is ... do you keep it inside ... what do you wash it with .. no paper work with any of this just keep an eye on it . REALLY ! I've got A LOT to say about this matter and MOCO but Im going to consult with an attorney first . Not to mention the fairing , having to go and get my on title along with paying for it AGAIN after paying for the bike in full with DEAD PRESIDENT'S as for the extended warranty IMO wasted money . That's all for now but will post my results for anyone else that might need some help .

Old 11-08-2012, 10:57 PM
2black1s
Elite HDF Member
Received 171 Likes on 110 Posts

Didn't you have another thread a month or so ago about this same issue? I seem to remember this thread or one very similar. In the other thread I suggested an alignment check but I don't see any post of mine in this thread so I will ask again.

Has anyone checked the wheel alignment? And I'm not talking about lining up some marks or measurements as prescribed in the manual. I mean checking the alignment from front to rear with a straightedge or laser or similar method.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:12 AM
wormie
Novice
Default 12' Street Glide

I have no idea what they've done so far , as they always say it's taking care of your ready to ride ( no paper work ) . But I've been to a number of dealers in and out of the state of Ga. and all they seem to do is pass the buck . So today I'm sitting in the dealership I purchased the bike from and have talked to everybody with a title here about the issue . Thanks for the advice and I'll pass it along to the service desk , but in recent dealings with most departments they usually don't take kindly to a customer telling them their job . I describe the problem again the bike was test riding in parking lot and on the road .. Tech pulls the bike into shop does something pulls it back out .. service MGR . comes out ask about issue and rides the bike and explains the grease coming out of neck is normal .. I'm like yeah he just greased that up for some reason but once again there is nothing out of spec according to the man .

Old 11-09-2012, 02:24 PM
Sledge
Road Master

Pretty sure the frame is tweaked, no way it should pull either way at all. Take it to somewhere with a laser frame straightener and ask them to check it, I'll bet it's tweaked or the front to rear wheel alignment is off. Most HD techs don't have the knowledge to do this cause they basically are parts replaces, not true old school mechanics.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:59 PM
ggreco0313
Novice

Yes that was me, I haven't been on due to an injury at work. But as for an update I am hiring a private mechanic to thoroughly go over all measurements as you did describe on your last post. Another update is that I never received an invoice or work order from miracle mile Harley Davidson of great neck or the east coast rep..angel Burrell. I sent emails to all parties and took the a month to give me something in written only to state that there is nothing wrong which is BS again. Pretty sad that a company as large as Harley can't grab there ***** and admit a problem.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:02 PM
ggreco0313
Novice

Originally Posted by Sledge
Pretty sure the frame is tweaked, no way it should pull either way at all. Take it to somewhere with a laser frame straightener and ask them to check it, I'll bet it's tweaked or the front to rear wheel alignment is off. Most HD techs don't have the knowledge to do this cause they basically are parts replaces, not true old school mechanics.
I agree with you 100% I bought the service manual which this is what these so called mechanics use to figure out problems. I could be a Harley mechanic too with a manual tied to my hip.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:39 PM
2black1s
Elite HDF Member
Received 171 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by ggreco0313
Yes that was me, I haven't been on due to an injury at work. But as for an update I am hiring a private mechanic to thoroughly go over all measurements as you did describe on your last post. Another update is that I never received an invoice or work order from miracle mile Harley Davidson of great neck or the east coast rep..angel Burrell. I sent emails to all parties and took the a month to give me something in written only to state that there is nothing wrong which is BS again. Pretty sad that a company as large as Harley can't grab there ***** and admit a problem.
It will be interesting to see the results.