Wheels/Tires Questions and discussion about wheels and tires should be posted here.

Pirelli Night Dragon Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2012 | 02:05 PM
BlockHead96
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default Pirelli Night Dragon Questions

Just put on a Night Dragon Rear, 180. Dealer changed it out for me. Now I get vibration that flows throughout the bike. Of course, as usual, dealer says they find nothing wrong or unusual and as usual, always has something to say about everything else than what the issue may be. It has to be balance, but they could care less and don't wish to re check the balance. Has anyone with a ND 180 rear have a different ride, feel, or vibration after changing to the ND rear? The rear had a Dunlop GT502 180. It was fine even with the ND front. Now both front and rear are ND.

Old 09-07-2012 | 05:28 PM
Kaycee
Road Captain

Well I would take it back and demand they redo it or take it somewhere else.If it didn't do it before then I would have to agree that it is a balance issue.I ran the ND I got about 8k out of them the front started cupping big time so I replaced both.I run the Michelin comm. 2 now and they are a good tire so far.You should get a service manual not that hard to do all this yourself.

Old 09-09-2012 | 12:59 PM
BlockHead96
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Yeah, if I wanted to get my blood pressure up. This dealer in particular, REDDING Harley, are complete morons! The owners son, Ernie, who's nickname in this area is arrogant Ernie, needs to back off the Crank just a little and focus on what he's doing. Of course he's not able to make any decision without asking daddy first. Maybe because he's a little incompetent!! Reducing Crank intake should improve his speech, this wold improve clearer thought process without stumbling over his words at a 100 mph while trying to baffle you with his bullshit. With Redding HD, it's always the customers fault why their shitty service department can't perform basic service without screwing it up. I took the bike to their competitor and they fixed Redding HD problem!!!.Just because you're born into a business, doesn't mean you know how to run it, let alone know anything about it! This clown is the perfect example. He can't have an adult conversation with him without him getting upset, because you (heaven forbid) question him. They have a Liability situation on their hand and they refuse to look into it... Bottom line is, I'm done with these ********! They are clueless, have ZERO customer service skills and personalities as dry as toast! I thought about pursuing reimbursement for correcting their F$*#up, but never dealing with them again is better, less revenue for these asshats and knowing I had it done right by their competitor. It's easier to cut my losses and run. Ya think I'd buy another bike from them again?? LOL.

Ernie, I Know you monitor these sites and always have negative things to say about them, along with blaming everything on everybody else, right down to bad information on these sites, to buying items online for these bikes. Blaming your poor workmanship on buying a tire online (which you have no idea where I by any of my parts) and suggesting a tire has an expiration date, therefor this is why it vibrates. Then saying it's motor mounts. You have difficulties understanding simple English skills. The bike had no issues prior to you installing the tire! So lets blame it on everything and everyone else. You're a moron, and back out of the Crank, your life may improve! Daddy raised a dumb ***!

Old 09-12-2012 | 11:05 AM
BlockHead96
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Little update:
Redding Harley Davidson can kiss my ***! They've had a bad reputation for well over the 20+ years I've lived in this County. It's amazing they remain in business! It's this kind of dealership that should be shut down and not some of the others that have!
The dealers son, Ernie, got all huffy over the phone, saying, if we look at it, it won't be till the first of the week,(Sept.10. but they wouldn't be open til the 11th.) he stated, "that's when we will do something about it, if we decide to do anything at all and let you know" then slams the phone down! NO SUCH CALL HAS BEEN MADE. They just screwed their own pooch! I have filed a complaint with California's Bureau Of Automotive Repair. Should I hear from the BAR, I'm going to request reimbursement for re balance, from Redding Harley. Their competitor was more than capable and competent of doing the job! Their competitor even states they get many many Harley's from Redding because of consumers experiences with that local dealer. I think I will also file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I will enjoy filing these complaints as they have brought all this on upon themselves! I've given them to may opportunities over and over, even in the past, and they elect to do nothing. Remember Ernie, you brought all this on and you could have done something about it!

Last edited by BlockHead96; 09-12-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old 11-24-2012 | 01:59 PM
2011BDSG103
Tourer

Did you ever find out if it was the tire that was causing your problem? I am in the market for tires and am looking at those ones in particular. Thanks.

Old 11-24-2012 | 05:52 PM
BlockHead96
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Of course it was the tire! Had it rebalanced at another dealer who knows how to balance a tire..
Just avoid Redding HD At all costs in Northern CA!

Old 11-24-2012 | 10:17 PM
BlockHead96
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Tire is great and has great feel and ride, just make sure you have someone who knows how to balance a wheel!

Old 11-24-2012 | 10:27 PM
ITOLDU
Road Captain
Default Night Dragon

Originally Posted by BlockHead96
Tire is great and has great feel and ride, just make sure you have someone who knows how to balance a wheel!

Too Freakin Funny
Block Head I am glad it all turned out okay...
But Again Too Freakin Funny..... I needed that Laugh...