Wheels/Tires Questions and discussion about wheels and tires should be posted here.

Tire baldness question

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 09:08 PM
Gunslingertom
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Anixon88
I never check my truck tire pressure. Why?
Because in a properly installed tire with no issues, air leaks shouldn't happen.
And if they do, it won't add air, air will be removed, such is physics.
Not trying to bust your nuts here buddy, but if you really believe this, you need to get better educated about tires.
There are a multitude of reasons as to why perfectly good tires will loose air pressure.
A#1, valve stem leaks. A good tire that is properly installed can not keep this from happening.
#2, compressed air contains over 100 different gasses that expand and contract with temperature fluctuations. Unless you're running nitrogen filled tire, which I doubt, they can easily be under inflated on any given cool day.
#3, wheels can leak for various reasons.
That's just 3 points. I can come up with more that have more to do with tire construction, handling, installation, etc, etc.
Dude, check your air pressure. 90% of tire blowouts are due to under inflation. Take it from someone that has had a blowout and ate asphalt at 65 mph. Road rash ain't no fun. I'd rather have the worst case of blue ball syndrome on earth, for 10 years, than 1 second of road rash.