Wheels/Tires Questions and discussion about wheels and tires should be posted here.

Hill Country Customs Buyer Beware...

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 05:47 PM
08SweetGlide
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hill Country Customs Buyer Beware...

Not sure if this is the right spot to post this but this is about a wheel and tire package purchase. I'm posting this because I don't want anyone else getting burned by these people.

I finally pulled the trigger and bought some new wheels for my 08 Streetglide. I purchased a wheel, tire, and rotor package to the tune of 2800.00 from Hill Country Customs.i know a lot of people buy bars and stuff from them, and I didn't check them out apparently as well as I should have Ron the internet sales guy seemed like a good guy but he turned out to be a salesman. And he doesn't even work anywhere near Hill country customs the owner Robert told me Ron is hours away. But here was the problem I ordered the wheels in mid May Ron said they would be shipped within 3 weeks and I was ok with that then 3 weeks came and went no wheels no call nothing... So I waited another week and called him he said the wheels are going to be delivered to you today or in the morning he said he checked the tracking I said ok cool so waited.... Nothing again so gave it 4 days and called again. Left a message no return call so I called another number they had listed on their site. Spoke with a lady and she said that they were having trouble mounting the tire to the wheel so I said wish someone would've told me because I was worried maybe someone stole the boxes after they were delivered. So she puts me on hold and a guy picks up the phone and said he was the owner Robert Smith so he said the lady didn't know what she was talking about and that they had just received the wheels that day from RC Components. And they would ship them out that night and he would email me the tracking numbers and they would be delivered on this past Thursday. So I said how can I trust this because I was told they were to be here last week then the lady tells me another story then you're telling me this... So ok I figure what else have I got to do but wait so the wheels come. I take the boxes over to the mechanic with the bike he calls me in the morning after he put the front on and tore down the rear and he said he opened the box with the rear wheel in it and the tire was not mounted on the wheel it was off the bead and that there was a split in the tire from the machine. Now Hill Country Customs mounted these wheels and tires so I call Ron and he said he had to call Robert to see what he wanted to do so he calls me back I email him pictures and he said for me to purchase a tire and pay for the mounting and they will reimburse me for the tire but not the mounting. I said its not my fault that they mounted the tire and put a slice in it and he said well what do I want I said honestly for all the bs I shouldn't have to fork anything out of my pocket. He said he would call Robert again then call me right back... So about 2 hours later I get an email advising me to just return everything and thanks for doing business with them and they appreciate my patience and to ship them back. 2800.00 isn't everyday cash to me and I'm sure it's not to a lot of people in this economy so think before ordering from this company cause they are some shady operators if you ask me...just don't want someone going through what I'm going through or and also the sell on eBay and on amazon too as HCC

Old 06-25-2012, 09:08 PM
Crazy Canuck
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I say f--k em! If they pay the shipping, send them back...

Old 06-26-2012, 05:04 AM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I would call Robert and forget Ron, go to the top and get the problem resolved..They have been a stand up company and should take care of this for you.. just my 0.02