Wheels/Tires Questions and discussion about wheels and tires should be posted here.

Any thoughts on Michelin Commander II

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 08:51 PM
preach
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2010 flhtk commander 2

I have 18K on the commander 2 lot of wear left but it is bad about cupping and will be changeing it soon had 20K on the dunlop 407 so the commander 2 did not double the life of it's competitor by the way I have 60K on the bike think I will try the Americn elite next

Old 08-31-2013, 08:16 PM
ginboy64
Intermediate

Got my MC IIs mounted today. I cannot explain how much smoother bike rides now. And, i probably wouldnt have believed it if someone told me. Had stock dunlop 407 & 408. Huge difference. Indy told me that cupping was likely if i didn't keep tire pressure between 38 & 42. We'll see.

Old 11-07-2013, 04:24 PM
goldie
Tourer
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

Hi all,

I'm on my second Michelin II rear tire, I ride a 99 Road King Classic w/ a 07 swingarm on her. I run the 140/90 's and I got 13,000 miles out of first one and second looks like it will be similar. I also run Avon's on the front, first a Venom and now a Cobra. One thing I have noticed is the Avon's have a more rounded profile and I believe handle better. When I was running the Venom's front and rear I was able to ride anywhere I wanted in the cupped out areas of the blacktop especially when they were new. The Michelin rear would not hold that same "cupped" area of the blacktop even when new. I average 12,000 miles a season up here in Montana and I didn't want to have to change out rear tires twice a year. With the Michelin II I don't have to. I know I want another Avon up front and am considering the newer Cobra in back to see how that holds up mileage wise. The grass is always greener on the other side isn't it....goldie

Old 01-20-2014, 01:12 PM
The-Buck
Novice

Great reports on the Commander II's, I'll be getting some for mine this spring.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:38 AM
highseachef
Novice
Default Commander II's

From the post i've seen here i have to agree, the commander II is a great tire, i have 85K on my 2011 Street Glide and i go through Tires at a rate of three rears two fronts a year with average mileage of 10k on the rears. Just finished my first set of Commander II, Front and rear weared about the same, at 15K now and getting ready to change them out.This year Hoka Hey CHallenge i will be riding Commander II both directions some 15K trip in 18 days.Pro's longer wear then Dunlop, good grip smooth ride.Con's Wet riding Dunlops perform a little betterHope this helps you. My life depends on the tires, i'm good with the Commander II

Old 02-10-2014, 11:20 PM
tphillips
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by RobbAR
Had the Commanders on my Fatboy...didnt really get much more mileage out of them than the Dunlops or the Metzelers but...they handled much better than the Dunlops and wore evenly rather than cupping like the Duznlops. But the Metzelers on my bike and the way I ride are far better handling and cornering than either of the others....One other thing if you havent tried RideOn tire sealant You should it really makes for a smooth ride.
May adversely affect the inner liner and could, not will, lead to belt separation. Don't ask how I know,,,,,

Old 02-10-2014, 11:28 PM
bagman1
Grand HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

I dont buy that, been using it 30k miles and tires looked perfect when replacing them on the insides, Im betting there was something else that went wrong if you had a separation.

Old 02-13-2014, 03:51 AM
08 Night Train
Intermediate

anyone running the command II on a night train if so how do they work,my stock Dunlop got about 6k to 7k...

Old 02-17-2014, 08:37 PM
08 Night Train
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 08 Night Train
anyone running the command II on a night train if so how do they work,my stock Dunlop got about 6k to 7k...
I guess on one rides a bad !@#@$ Night Train

Old 02-22-2014, 09:15 PM
flibuoy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by 08 Night Train
I guess on one rides a bad !@#@$ Night Train
I don't ride a "bad ***" Night Train, but my guess is that they perform similar on a Night Train as they do on most all motorcycles. Maybe that is why nobody jumped to answer your question that you posted 3 times.

Quick Reply: Any thoughts on Michelin Commander II