Wheels/Tires Questions and discussion about wheels and tires should be posted here.

I finally surrended guys

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 03:10 PM
SCHOONER
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up I finally surrended guys

Hey Brother Riders (Newbie Surrended)

After all the time you guys tried & tried to get it into my thick skull about how to check and correct ENDPLAY in my wheels ~ I JUST COULDN'T GET IT

So I finally surrended to the fact I better get my wheel to a M/C shop before the riding season ends.

I came across a shop that my Harley Dealership recommended here in Vegas. Name: NAKEDCITYCYCLES, that's what I said . . . its true.

I called Charlie ( the owner) and told him about my two new wheels that were off my bike and can I bring 'em in ?

He said he recently broke his; DIAL INDICATOR. I told him I got a new stand & dial indicator and said to Charlie, " . . . listen Charlie you be good to me and I'll be good to you by GIVING YOU FREE my magnetic stand & indicator of which are still in the boxes brand new.

He said come down tomorrow at 10 a.m.

Anyway(s) I go with my two wheels in back of my SUV to speak with this young fellow (GOD bless him) named; CHARLIE the owner.

Charlie stopped on what he was working and says, " Sure, bring in your wheels and lets see what I can do for you. "

I give him the stand & indicator still in the boxes. He smiles.

Right away I'm thinking easy its goin' cost $100 bucks. But after all the posting on this fourm to you guys and it seems thousands of posting about my ENDPLAY wheels.

I figure hey what the heck I got to get these wheel checked for ENDPLAY which in my un-educated mind call; WOBBLEY WHEELS.

Charlie worked on my two wheels. I might add I had all new parts for the work; New Bearing,Shims,Rubber Seals & bought H-D Bearing Grease with me also and handed over to Charlie.

So it was just his labor I was going to deal with. And in Vegas its $90 AN HOUR Charlie worked on my two wheels about an hour & half = $145.00 that will probaly cost me ~ Oh Well.

Charlie (see attachments) does the deal and charges me: ZIP, ZERO,NOTHING GOD bless that man.

Charlie has got me as a customer for LIFE.

Again guys THANKS - 4 - PUTTING UP WITH ME

P.S. My new front and rear brake pads are coming this week ~ HELP GUYS
More to come ~ FILM AT 11

Attached Thumbnails I finally surrended guys-charlie-1.jpg   I finally surrended guys-charlie-2.jpg   I finally surrended guys-charlie-3.jpg   I finally surrended guys-charlie-5.jpg   I finally surrended guys-good-reading-on-my-front-wheel.jpg  

Old 03-24-2011, 06:56 PM
frogg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad you got it taken care of.
You don't find many Shops/people like that any more.
I'll remember your tale and if I ever need anything in Vegas, will definitely check him out.