Wheels/Tires Questions and discussion about wheels and tires should be posted here.

DynaBeads...Do they work? Alternatives?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 02:05 PM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rh8234
okay - I am ready to get flamed. I have ALWAYS changed all my own tires. I have never wrecked a bead doing it. I have never had a motorcycle tire balanced. Every time I change one, I tell myself that if I notice any handling issues, I will take the wheel in to be balanced. I have NEVER had to do that, and I have been changing tires since 1970. I have never used any Dynabeads or slime. Bring it on folks. I can take it.
My rear tire was pretty close on the balance last time. I went ahead and used the dyna beads for the first time and will use them again. I don't know how well they would work with a tire that was way out of balance. Hopefully I will never buy a tire like that.

Old 02-25-2011, 04:27 PM
CC Rainman
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great stuff been using it for years now. Definatly get extras you want be sorry. Better to have then have not and wait.

Old 02-25-2011, 04:52 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,148 Likes on 3,669 Posts

Originally Posted by rh8234
okay - I am ready to get flamed. I have ALWAYS changed all my own tires. I have never wrecked a bead doing it. I have never had a motorcycle tire balanced. Every time I change one, I tell myself that if I notice any handling issues, I will take the wheel in to be balanced. I have NEVER had to do that, and I have been changing tires since 1970. I have never used any Dynabeads or slime. Bring it on folks. I can take it.
No flaming...I have had my tires balanced always ( bubble method) so i tried riding it like that and then added Dyna beads and it made a difference... I thought it was bullshit until i tried it. Not saying you have to because balanced is balanced but smoother is also smoother.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:17 AM
Old Gunny
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Figured I would use "Ride On" as they seal the tire also, to some extent, kill two birds.
With an 08 Fatboy even the mirrows are now still as can be. All the time.
You can actuall even feel the tires tracking over bumps better than with just weights.
Dayna beads probably do as well.
Gotta be good for the tires life. Maybe braking is better.

Old 03-19-2011, 07:45 AM
Cazimere
Road Captain

I put them in my rear wheel yesterday.
If you put them in through the valve stem, make dam sure you trickle them in or they will jam up in the stem.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:32 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

over the road trucks have been using a similar product in their steering axle wheels for years. for those who aren't familiar with that term, it's the front wheels, and have had great success with them. they used to pour in to the tire while mounting and then they came up with a little baggy that they toss in instead. that bag tears apart and the beads go flying all around inside of the tire and work just like the dyna beads. the paper or plastic bag that they come in make it very convenient and fast to install. next time i get to another truck shop i'll look into those rather than dyna beads. it's bound to be a lot cheaper and should be industrial strength considering the environment they're exposed to by balancing big tires that are on the move almost all the time. i'm guessing that a package for one front steer tire from a big truck should do a lot of bike tires. the similar weight in ounces of truck stuff vs dyna beads, and it should work out. i'll post the info in a thread the next time i change out a tire.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:13 AM
Old Gunny
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Now that is very interesting. Never knew that.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:59 AM
dagored11
Cruiser
Default Go with the beads

Just had a new tire put on the front of my dyna and had Dyna Beads put in (tubed tire, by the way). Also went to my local Tire Discounter and had the tire inflated with nitrogen. Very pleased with both. Tire rides absolutely smooth, and I like the no-weight look on the spokes. Plan on doing the same when the rear tire needs replaced.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:45 PM
Dissociative
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nitrogen, beads, and lead weights....mabey it will float over road??..LOL

i will try them as soon as i find a rear spoke stock 16x3 to swap onto my NT

Old 04-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Noodles
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't know if they work or not but I do know the beads or the liquid will void Dunlops warranty

Quick Reply: DynaBeads...Do they work? Alternatives?