Wheels/Tires Questions and discussion about wheels and tires should be posted here.

Beware of chrome pros plating

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 12:33 PM
2003lowrider
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware of chrome pros plating

Just letting everyone know that if they are looking for a chrome wheel exchange, DO NOT USE CHROME PROS PLATING of Corpus Christi, TX. I purchased an exchange from them and it was a nightmare dealing with them. Then, my core deposit check bounced in September and I still haven't seen the money. I have heard every excuse in the book since the day I bought the wheels on ebay. First, it took forever to receive the wheels, then this bounced check. Hope this helps anyone who was thinking of using them.

Old 11-10-2010, 04:13 PM
Bsheger
Stage III

Have you tried installing the wheel bearings yet? I bought a set of re-chromed wheels off ebay (different vendor), took them to the dealer to have the bearings installed and was told they could not install them do to the bore the bearings go into was out of tolerance. Apparently chrome coated the bearing bore as well and now it is too small for the bearing. Contacted the vendor and told them what was up, they claimed it is normal to have some chrome seepage and that any qualified dealer should be able to deal with it. Good luck!

Old 11-10-2010, 06:38 PM
2003lowrider
Intermediate

I didn't have a problem with the bearings luckily, but just a bad experience with the company. Good luck with your wheels.

Old 11-10-2010, 06:50 PM
DMorr99
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I seen those guys advertising on Ebay. People say I am crazy but I stick with OEM MoCo parts as much as possible. I buy all these parts from Zanotti's and I never have any issues.

Old 11-10-2010, 08:12 PM
brihvac
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Bsheger
Have you tried installing the wheel bearings yet? I bought a set of re-chromed wheels off ebay (different vendor), took them to the dealer to have the bearings installed and was told they could not install them do to the bore the bearings go into was out of tolerance. Apparently chrome coated the bearing bore as well and now it is too small for the bearing. Contacted the vendor and told them what was up, they claimed it is normal to have some chrome seepage and that any qualified dealer should be able to deal with it. Good luck!
It is normal to have some chrome seepage. Every wheel I have ever received I had to take the Dremel and knock out the chrome. No big deal

Old 11-11-2010, 03:02 PM
2003lowrider
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DMorr99
I seen those guys advertising on Ebay. People say I am crazy but I stick with OEM MoCo parts as much as possible. I buy all these parts from Zanotti's and I never have any issues.
I don't balme you....it's a shame that some companies ruin it for other reputable companies. I would probably do another chrome exchange in the future, but really research the company first.

Old 11-11-2010, 07:35 PM
sporty06
Road Captain

I did a wheel exchange with them a couple of years ago and every thing was great. There was not a problem with installing the bearings and customer service was great. I wonder what has changed.

I would deal with again.

sporty06

Old 11-11-2010, 09:18 PM
2003lowrider
Intermediate

Not sure. It took me two months and a lot of excuses before I got my wheels. Then my core refund check bounced. To be fair, they said they had someone rip them off for some big money. Hopefully they get squared away. The good thing is my wheels look good. How have your wheels held up?

Old 11-12-2010, 09:45 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

I did a chrome wheel exchange setup with them a couple of years ago as well and the experience was flawless. They were great to deal with to boot. Afterwards, i even sent some of my own parts to them to have chromed and that went very well also. I'm not sure what's going on but stick to your guns 2003lowrider. My experiences with these folks as well as many others locally to the Houston area that I know have used them and dealt with them tells me whatever is going on they'll make it right.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:21 PM
2003lowrider
Intermediate

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ
I did a chrome wheel exchange setup with them a couple of years ago as well and the experience was flawless. They were great to deal with to boot. Afterwards, i even sent some of my own parts to them to have chromed and that went very well also. I'm not sure what's going on but stick to your guns 2003lowrider. My experiences with these folks as well as many others locally to the Houston area that I know have used them and dealt with them tells me whatever is going on they'll make it right.
Thanks for the advice and confidence. I'm sure it will work out fine....good thing is the wheels look great. Lower fork sliders too...

Quick Reply: Beware of chrome pros plating