Wheels/Tires Questions and discussion about wheels and tires should be posted here.

Dyna Beads Believer

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 12:21 AM
fjm3rd
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyna Beads Believer

Well for the past couple months I've been running without wheel weights on my rear wheel because I just can't seem to keep the stick on one's on my rim. I have a chrome dish rim and the weights keep flying off. And I have tried all of them from two different dealers and made sure everything was cleaned and so forth. So tonight I needed to replace my rear tire to get ready for Delmarva Bike Week and I figured I would try those Dyna beads in the tire. The first impression I have of them is wow they work. Now even though I have a new tire on which may make it feel better then the old tire one thing I do notice which I never noticed before with new or worn tires is I can see through my mirrors with out holding them to stop the shaking. Now my mirrors are rock solid it's unbelievable I actually found myself riding and watching my mirrors more then watching in front of me where I was going. I will keep track of them to see if anything changes as the tire wears but so far I love the way they work. And the last tire had 9000 miles on it which was shocking to me because I was averaging 7500-8000 on the rears and this one probably still had a good 1000 miles left on it. Just wanted to change it before I left for the shore. And I want to see if I get better mileage out of this tire with the beads in it to.

Old 09-04-2010, 08:23 AM
hotrod351
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

i changed my front tire and use them, and yes they do work.

Old 09-04-2010, 08:29 AM
Not E'nuff Harley
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by fjm3rd
Well for the past couple months I've been running without wheel weights on my rear wheel because I just can't seem to keep the stick on one's on my rim. I have a chrome dish rim and the weights keep flying off. And I have tried all of them from two different dealers and made sure everything was cleaned and so forth. So tonight I needed to replace my rear tire to get ready for Delmarva Bike Week and I figured I would try those Dyna beads in the tire. The first impression I have of them is wow they work. Now even though I have a new tire on which may make it feel better then the old tire one thing I do notice which I never noticed before with new or worn tires is I can see through my mirrors with out holding them to stop the shaking. Now my mirrors are rock solid it's unbelievable I actually found myself riding and watching my mirrors more then watching in front of me where I was going. I will keep track of them to see if anything changes as the tire wears but so far I love the way they work. And the last tire had 9000 miles on it which was shocking to me because I was averaging 7500-8000 on the rears and this one probably still had a good 1000 miles left on it. Just wanted to change it before I left for the shore. And I want to see if I get better mileage out of this tire with the beads in it to.
Hmmm... I've never gotten more that 4500 out of a rear tire, and this crap Michelin looks like it will only go about 3500. +1 on the dyna beads, though. Although I believe it's the engine vibes that make my mirrors shake, not the tire balance.

Old 09-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Rat1
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A local guy put them in his bagger. They turned to powder after a short time and had to get the tire rebalanced.

Old 09-05-2010, 12:25 AM
fjm3rd
Tourer

Originally Posted by Rat1
A local guy put them in his bagger. They turned to powder after a short time and had to get the tire rebalanced.
Did he contact the makers of Dynabeads ?
This is the first time I'm using them so I don't know. But so far so good, When it comes time to replace the tire or tires I'll see what the beads look like. Of all the post I read about them I never heard about them turning into powder. But that doesn't mean that none ever did, guess I'll have to wait and see. If they work like there suposed to at least I won't have to worry about wheel weights flying off anymore.

Old 09-05-2010, 08:46 PM
Two B
Advanced

Originally Posted by Rat1
Could not have been Dyna Beads. I have run them on two bikes and they will not turn to dust. They are ceramic beads.

We are a dealer for them. The only thing I caution is make sure your air source is very dry. any moisture in the air line and your in for a long ride home. Moisture in the tire will cause them to clump up and not work.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:43 PM
Vins
Club Member

Replaced the stock Dunlops on my Sporty with Pirellis and installed the Dyna Beads. Pretty sure it's the tires, but the bike rides awesome.