Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

Howdy.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 08:19 PM
FishinTexas
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Howdy.

My name is Gary and I live in Houston Texas. Been lurking around here most of the day and this looks like a really sweet site. Lots of usefull info and friendly folks. I dont have a bike right but am saving my pennies and crossing my fingers. Hope yall dont mind if I ask alot of questions, being a noob and all. Thats how a smart man learns.

A little background on my MC experiance. In 1985 I owned a 63 Sporty for about a week. That shifter on the right side thing I just couldnt get used too. My Dad rode Dressers, I guess yall call baggers now days and I have been on many a poker run and spent many hours on the back of that 65 Superglide. So, I know a little about riding road. Not alot, just enough to know that I dont know enough yet. Safety classes will be taken. Im no fool.

Im a pretty good rider though. I grew up in So Cal and raced flat track, TT, Scrambles, MX, etc from 1969 to 74. Did ok. Woulda done better if it wernt for Jeff Ward though. []

With the preface out of the way, I will be looking for something light, lots of power, handling like a XR750, and free. LOL Im 6'2" 210 lbs. so Im sorta on the heavy with long legs.

Anyhoo, just thought I'd introduce myself and look forward to picking yalls brains.

Thanks.

Old 09-04-2005, 08:40 PM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Howdy.

Glad you found us, post some pics when you get the chance.

Mac

Old 09-04-2005, 09:34 PM
HDF Tech
Banned
Received 152 Likes on 43 Posts

Welcome to the forum Gary, Lets see what you ride

Old 09-04-2005, 11:38 PM
whiplush
Tourer

Read the post guys, lol, he doesn't have a bike yet. Sounds like your on your way Gary. Go to the Harley website and look around. Sounds like you'd like a Dyna but give them all a chance and maybe rent a few to see what you feel comfortable on. Keep in mind that you can just about make anything fit, it just may cost you a little more to add things like forward controls and what not. Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Old 09-05-2005, 12:41 AM
Big Ted
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forums from Oklahoma.

Old 09-05-2005, 01:33 AM
Doobie77
Intermediate

Hey Fishintexas,
Welcome from Napa Ca. Hope you can get on the road soon!!

Old 09-05-2005, 03:32 AM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

welcome from eastern nc

Old 09-05-2005, 01:10 PM
FishinTexas
Advanced

Thanks for the welcome! Yea, I dont have a bike yet but I am leaning towards the FXDI. At least untill I started reading about the transmision bearing issue. Itll be about 8 months before my 401k loan is paid off so maybe the problem will be fixed by then. But in the mean time Ill be lurking around, reading and asking questions. And I must give my compliments. This is a great site with great folks. I feel at home allready.

Old 09-05-2005, 06:32 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome from TN. Good things come to those who wait, take your time, get the MSF school done and have fun, post a pic when you get the HD.

Old 09-05-2005, 06:38 PM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member

welcome from so fla....enjoy the forums and gather all the info you can so you make the right choice

Quick Reply: Howdy.