Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

NewGuy!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 10:27 AM
Zman
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NewGuy!

Hi all,
Just joined the forum today and have a question. First let me state I do not own a Harley (yet), but I am interested in the V-Rod. The Rich Sunglo blue would match my Electron Blue Z06. My question(s); what is the difference between the VRSCA and VRSCB? What are your overall opinions on the V-Rod? Thanks!![8D]

Old 01-09-2005, 10:37 AM
Slade
Cruiser
Default RE: NewGuy!

Welcome. V-rods are great rides. Can't tell you what the difference is as I ride a RK. I'm sure someone will know or find it on the HD website.

Old 01-09-2005, 10:58 AM
Slade
Cruiser

Here ya go: http://www.harley-davidson.com/PR/MO...ection=gallery
There's about 1k difference between the two. The b version is the same bike minus chrome. It has a blacked out look. Friend has one and loves it. Can also be used for a little touring with the right add ons.

Old 01-09-2005, 11:30 AM
breaknbad
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just what slade said,

The main difference is the frame color. Black for the b bike silver for the a bike.

David

Old 01-09-2005, 11:55 AM
Zman
Stage III

Thanks for the information. What sort of price tag am I looking at? Does 18k sound about right? Might be able to get it through DIP services while in Iraq.

Old 01-09-2005, 12:35 PM
Ironhead
Stellar HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's the detailed description that's offered...

The VSRCA

The day custom muscle was handed out, this one got in line twice. And as anyone who’s ever caught a glimpse of a V-Rod® motorcycle will tell you, it was worth the wait. It all starts with the muscular aluminum bodywork. Perfect in its original brushed metal look, it gets nine glittering new shades to choose from for 2005. The one-of-a-kind, hydro-formed frame recently got a boost in eye appeal with a new silver-leaf coating. The aggressive look keeps rolling with a 49mm 38° raked fork, a 180mm rear tire, solid disc wheels and a sweeping exhaust system that’s out of this world. At the center is the liquid-cooled, fuel-injected 60° V-Twin Revolution® powertrain with 115 horsepower and enough torque to counterpunch the earth’s rotation. It all leads to the jaw-dropping combination of power and beauty you see here. V-Rod® also gets a new stiffer rear axle, for when a wandering road wants to show you a good time. The original V-Rod recipe keeps getting sweeter.

The VRSCB model starts with the idea that with 115 horses running directly beneath your saddle, you don’t need much more. So we left the muscle intact and turned the brightness down. You get the same genetics that make a V-Rod® a V-Rod. Aluminum body. 49mm 38° raked fork. 180mm rear tire. The effect of all the shine getting stripped down is an even more raw, aggressive nature. Black calipers. Black brake lines. Black hand controls. Black rear shock springs. And an all-black hydro-formed frame. For 2005, there are five colors and a new, brighter reflector optics headlight to offset all the blackness. The liquid-cooled, fuel-injected 60° V-Twin Revolution® engine with EFI delivers all those stampeding horses. So as the style goes minimalist, the off-the-line power most definitely does not.

Old 01-09-2005, 01:05 PM
Sincecrazy
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

What are your overall opinions on the V-Rod?
I love the bike and if money werent an issue I would add one to the fleet. Welcome to the forum!

Old 01-09-2005, 02:20 PM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 6 Posts

Zman,

Welcome to the forum! I'm a fellow vette owner myself, I've got a 2000 triple black convertible.

VROD is a great bike, and judging by your choice in vettes, I would think it would suit your tastes perfectly. Lot of similarities between the communities, only I must say, the Harley community and the biker community in general are better at the

Mac

Old 01-09-2005, 03:38 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,865 Likes on 808 Posts

Welcome aboard!

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 01-09-2005, 03:48 PM
unclestoolie
Advanced

Our opinions should not matter. If you like it, and can afford it, get it. End of discussion. Personally, I would rather ride what I am happy looking at than what someone else says is cool. Oh, yeah, and as long as the tank says "Harley-Davidson", than you made the right decision!!!!

Quick Reply: NewGuy!