Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

New H.D. Service Advisor from Missouri

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 06:57 PM
RustyBoots
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New H.D. Service Advisor from Missouri

Hello Everyone,
I am starting a new job as a service advisor at a H.D. Dealer..I have been out of touch with motorcycles since the mid 80's..
I was interested in finding out what your major complaints about service depts. were, so I can learn from your suggestions for improvments in customer satisfaction.
Example, do you like to get in and out of the shop fast, or do you like to get to know the people at the service desk on a more personal level? Maybe it doesn't matter either way. Personally, I feel like getting to know the customer would help me to do my job better.
I know everyone cannot be pleased all the time, but my job is to give it my best while learning the business. I feel like they just gave a kid a key to the candy store with this job. I only have a few more years to work, so I wanted to make them enjoyable.
Anyway, I would be glad to read about what you might consider a bad experience, so that I never cause anyone to have the same kind.
Thanks for the replies in advance.
RustyBoots

Old 03-24-2013, 07:03 PM
Duracell
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,659 Likes on 581 Posts

This should be interesting.
I do all the work on my bikes myself so I can't really answer your question.

Old 03-24-2013, 07:14 PM
gees63
Intermediate

I went to get my 1000 mile service at the dealership where I bought my Heritage, and the guy I was talking to laughed when I asked if I could get it back in a week. He told me that a rally was coming up (aren't they always) and that there was a three week wait. WTF? I get it...there's a wait, but laughing as if I'm some idiot who should already know the wait times was BS. Anyway, I felt I needed to leave it there to get it done, and I did. I then bought a service manual and have done every service myself after that. It has been a learning experience, but it did not take long for me to become confident that I can get done what needs being done. If I had met someone who wasn't such an *** copter, maybe I'd still be bringing the bike in for the regular services.

Old 03-24-2013, 07:15 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,075 Likes on 2,558 Posts

Welcome to the "New Members Area" of the HD Forums from Texas.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:07 PM
the wild hog
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,953 Likes on 2,910 Posts

Welcome!

Old 03-24-2013, 08:19 PM
Uncle Chester
Extreme HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 139 Posts

Can't comment on the service department other than the one time I had a buddy try to ask a question and I **** you not the resonse he got was that in order to answer the question they would need to charge him 89 bucks for 1 hour of labor. We laughed at the guy and rode off, refuse to spend a dime there now. Parts counters are where I run into the total asshats, I get the guys to lazy to look up parts so they just tell me that harley dosen't make it or some other lame *** excuse.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:24 PM
Reptile
Intermediate

Welcome!
I'd be curious to know which dealer in the KC area you're going to be at. I've got a buddy that's bought 5 bikes from all around KC, and he doesn't really have a whole lot of good things to say about any of them service wise. Rawhide probably being the one that's given him the least amount of flack.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:33 PM
edpnjax
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome from Jacksonville, Florida!

Old 03-25-2013, 07:28 AM
2011Deluxe
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome!

Old 03-25-2013, 08:34 AM
NDBadlands4-2