Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

I'm trying to fund my Harley

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007 | 08:51 PM
rock5986
Tourer
Default RE: I'm trying to fund my Harley

To each his own, but for me its about having the most fun and the nicest Harley for the least amount of money spent. There are so many wannabes that buy Harleys on a whim and then unload them at a big loss. Those are my kinda folks! I saved over $6000 by taking my time and shopping all the online traders. I've bought 2 bikes off of cycletrader.com. Pick your model, take your time, shop and compare! OH, welcome to HDF

Old 02-06-2007 | 12:04 AM
kato1964
Road Warrior

Ron - I've been riding for over 20 years. I just bought my first Harley this past Saturday. An '04 Fat Boy. It was one of the hardest decisions I've ever made. I started out looking at an Electra Glide Ultra Classic. Then I shifted my sights to a Street Glide. Then I started checking out Fat Bob. Then I finally settled on the Fat Boy. The had new ones, but the one I've purchased has less than 3600 kms on it (just over 2100 miles...), and $6K worth of extras on it. Personally I think I all but stole it. However I still keep wondering if I made the right decision. There were just SO many cool bikes at this dealership. I don't ever recall having this much turmoil over any of the Japanese bikes I've purchased over the years. Don't get me wrong...I've not turned into a militant Harley rider. I'll miss my Gold Wing (fortunately it isn't going too far...I sold it to my Dad...), will never get rid of my '85 V45 Magna, and think my wife's '03 800 Vulcan is a great bike. However it has been a LONG time since I bought myself a new bike, and this was by far the most I'd ever invested in one. It wasn't a decision I made lightly. I don't know your riding background, what style you prefer, or anything, so I can't offer anything in the way of advice on which one to purchase, other than to say if this is your first bike ever, make sure you take a motorcycle safety/training crse, before purchasing a bike. If you have riding experience, again, it depends on what you're looking for, and your specific needs/interests. Personally my decision was influenced greatly by back issues I have (makes swinging my leg across the saddle of an Electra Glide, bent up, to avoid kicking the trunk, quite uncomfortable...saleman recommended I strike the Street Glide off my list because of the slightly harder seat, and rougher ride...etc.), but also by the deal which presented itself. I guess in the end all I can say is that hopefully you'll know the right bike/deal for you, when you see it. Good luck, and safe riding...

Old 02-07-2007 | 04:43 AM
Tailbreaker
Road Warrior

Welcome to the Forums from Pensacola Florida [sm=welcomesign.gif]

Old 02-15-2007 | 12:50 AM
Sooee
Ultimate HDF Member

G'day, welcome to the HDForums from New Zealand, enjoy!!!! [sm=welcomesign.gif]