Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

I'm Back...well Almost - lol

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 12:22 AM
XuhQshinR
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm Back...well Almost - lol

It has been awhile and a long and depressing journey since I joined here last year...I barely had my scoot when just days later....Disaster struck!

...Not involving my bike, but an injury at work while working on an HVAC unit at the base of an elevated 3 story building when some very large genius who his wife and brother admitted they had been drinking all day knocked a very large window out on top of us.

I joined here the day I brought my bike home from the dealership April 16th 2011...Only to be Injured on the job April 24th 2011. (8 Days Later)...

The doctor thought it was an ulnar nerve injury with entrapment but five months later when I could no longer use either of my arms or hands, they would find they misdiagnosed me....After they finally did an MRI on my neck they would discover that it was in fact my Cervical Spine ..... Hit in head, Fell and landed really hard...never did a C-Spine check..Okey Dokey.

As for me, I did not realize that it was that severe until I finally could no longer squeeze the clutch lever due to the pain, burning, and numbness in my arms and hands so I had to park it in June. It all got much worse after that.

Do Not Get Hurt At Work!
Florida Workers Comp SUCKS!!! Liberty Mutual...I have a few names for them ...They Delayed, Denied, & Defended once they found out it was not my arm but was my Spine, Spinal Cord and Nerve Roots being severely compressed Bilaterally from a crushed disc (HNP) at C5&6 and a moderate Bulge into the outer portion of the cord at C6&7.... i was sent home August 1st 2011 from my job as a supervisor on Work Comp Temporary Disability only to be unlawfully terminated by October 2011 as they considered me Disabled and did not even offer a chance to look at reasonable accommodations. (In 7 years I had never had a write-up)

Finally after having to get two attorneys I was approved for the much needed surgery March 26th 2012 (After Over 11 months with constant pressure on my nerve roots allowing for more permanent nerve damage and muscle loss).... This sucks as they say you can not bring it back when nerves die off and muscles begin to show signs of atrophy!

I have my spine fused and titanium plating and screws in place now to hold me together for awhile. I have very probable permanent nerve damage, spinal stenosis, and muscle loss now thanks to delays in the needed surgery for almost a year!.

August 30th 2012 FINALLY In Cervical Spine/ Upper Extremities Strengthening Therapy Now (After it was ordered by the surgeon the first week of June).

Wife wanted me to get rid of the bike after they said it would be a long time before I could ever ride again...I decided to keep it and have kept payments current...I started it every week, but could not ride it.

Today I am finally getting close to riding again!! CAN HARDLY WAIT!!!
I was able to take her around the block a few times this week!! Thank you Lyrica®!!!

Getting her ready the best I can as I still have loss of feeling in three fingers of my left hand, burning pain and very weak in that arm, but my bike still starts up as always first hit, but if I get on the throttle as I shift gears she hesitates and nearly dies.

I'll figure it out...drain tank, clear lines, change filter, and new plugs may do it?

Although I now am unable to be hired in any fields that i have experience in as they all require heavy physical lifting (Firefighter, CATV Lineman, Maintenance Industrial and Residential). I am still blessed to be able to be caught up with my bills So Far...

Thanks for reading my story....Hopefully this never happens to anyone else. As difficult that this has been for me I am more than certain that there are hundreds more out there even less fortunate than me and I hope that they will find some recovery in their issues as well.

Good to be back here on HDForums.Com! For me that's a great start to being back on track!

Old 08-31-2012, 04:46 AM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,966 Likes on 4,159 Posts

Welcome from Hampton Roads Virginia...USA...

Old 08-31-2012, 08:17 AM
2011Deluxe
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome!

Old 08-31-2012, 10:24 AM
ceebaileys
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome from sunny SoCal

Old 08-31-2012, 12:58 PM
oc1014
Road Captain

Holy crap that sucks, Get healed and ride on.

Old 08-31-2012, 01:02 PM
Shortmag
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear but glad you are getting better. Welcome from Wa.

Old 08-31-2012, 01:06 PM
Cracker1450
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome back, glad you are getting close to being able to ride.

Old 08-31-2012, 03:39 PM
XuhQshinR
6th Gear

Thank you all...good to be back...I'll be back to riding very soon! Thanks again!

Old 08-31-2012, 04:12 PM
cvmacowboy
1st Gear

Welcome back!

Old 08-31-2012, 05:15 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,574 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Quick Reply: I'm Back...well Almost - lol