Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

Riders with young children

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007 | 10:21 AM
Jorgy1347
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: Riders with young children

Welcome to the forum, from Ontario, Canada

Old 01-18-2007 | 05:36 PM
The Punisher
Banned

[align=center]WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!![/align][align=center][/align][align=center]From Frederick, Maryland[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It's nice to have you here, stick around and make some friends.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][sm=happybounce.gif][/align]

Old 01-18-2007 | 08:54 PM
Dsanchez
Road Captain

Welcome...from Washington Co Md ! Lots of good info here !!!

Old 01-18-2007 | 09:23 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member

[align=center][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][/align]

[align=center]To
HDForums.com
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

[align=center]Stick around and have some fun with us.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 01-18-2007 | 09:45 PM
kwgrimes
Cruiser

I totally agree. Harley riders are not like other riders. That's not to say "stuff" doesn't happen, it does. But a lot less frequently to people on Harleys. I strongly engourage you to work it out up front with the wifey and by all means, try to get her to go along. Everyone needs a outlet for stress these days and there's nothing better than a HD. My wife and I waited until our kids were teenagers and that makes it a whole lot easier, but make an agreement with your wife that twice a month or so, you'll get one of the neighbors to watch the kids and both of you go out -- its great for the married life to have something big and powerful vibrating between your thighs...that second child will be there in no time at all
ORIGINAL: beyondthepaint

I only gave up the rallies when I had kids. (some of the campgrounds are no place for kids) My youngest is 13 now, and he loves it when I pick him up from school on the Harley. It gives him cool points with the other kids. His mom is not happy about the bike, but she knows I am easier to get along with when I get to ride. I don't feel any more risk to myself than I do driving a car, or flying on an airplane. Life is dangerous, and if you spend your life worrying about dying, you'll never live.

Ride safe and ride often!

Old 01-21-2007 | 03:47 PM
scarnay
Road Master

So, did you get it on friday?

Old 01-22-2007 | 10:08 AM
crossfire3006
|
Road Captain

It's official. I'm now part of the Harley Davidson Family. I picked up my 2002Harley Davidson Deuce FXSTDFISaturday morning and took it for a 20 mile ride in 21 degree weather. It was so worth the ride. When I got home, my wife actually sat on it with me. I guess that would be considered a start. Thanks again everyone for you thoughts and experiences. Stay upright.

Brent (crossfire3006)

Old 01-22-2007 | 01:35 PM
ultraultra
Road Warrior

Welcome from NC

I'm an old fart... kids grown, with kids of their own. When mine were 4, I would take my belt off, and run it back through the front 2 belt loops, and then around my kids. Put a helmet on them and off we'd go! Now I do that with my grandkids. They love it!

If finances aren't a problem, you WILL enjoy the ride. Since your wife isn't as enthusiastic as you, there are a couple of options. If you think she will never ride with you, the Duece is a sweet single rider, or short trips 2 up. If you think you can talk her intoriding with you, I would suggest getting something with a backrest for her.

Old 01-22-2007 | 03:12 PM
BluesJopo
Cruiser

When you can, get her her own......it's all over after that! I love riding mine and with hubby! We have 4 kids at homeand they love going on short rides with dad!We are looking forward to spring and hanging out with our new friends

Big congratulationson the newbaby and the new bike!