Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

sportster seats

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 04:51 PM
gooberville
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sportster seats

bought a new bike, first time in 30 years, a 2005 1200 sportster, toughest d--- seat I have ever merged with my rear end. I know I'm not lthe only one with this experience. Need HELP, what seat have other sportster owners bought and "liked".[:@]

Old 07-28-2005, 05:04 PM
HDF Tech
Banned
Received 152 Likes on 43 Posts
Default RE: sportster seats

Jim

Howdy and welcome to the forum, you'd probably get a better response if this were posted in the sportster section from sportster riders.

https://www.hdforums.com/forumid_9/tt.htm

Old 07-28-2005, 05:07 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

Howdy, welcome to the forum. TC is right about the Sporty section. I got a HD catalog with my Harley and they have some seat options in there, but the best advice would come from fellow Sporty riders. Good luck on finding the better seat.

Old 07-28-2005, 06:11 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome from TN. Hope you get a seat that will be comfortable. Corbin has good seats. You should check out an Air Hawk seat cushion, they are worth their weight in gold IMHO.

Good Luck

John TN

Old 07-28-2005, 06:19 PM
rpoteau
Cruiser

gooberville,

I have not replaced my stock seat but I have done some research and talked to other members about aftermarket seats. The prices range from 200-600 depending on whether you want a solo or two up seat and also what manufacturer you choose. Corbin would be the most pricey but a lot of riders swear by their quality and service. LePera is a good midrange and I have heard good testimonies for their seats too. Mustang and HD would be your cheaper alternatives. Personally I was looking at a Mustang two person one piece seat from Mustang that was around 300. I cancelled my order after it was on backorder for a month. I just figured I would rather save up and get something during the winter or later in the season if the wait was going to be that long. Good luck with the seat, hope you find what you need.

Old 07-28-2005, 06:43 PM
iceburgh
Road Warrior

I had an '02 XLH 1200 until a few months ago. Shortly before I moved on to my current bike, I had put the Sundowner 2 up Touring seat on it. What a change! Much better for longer time spent on the bike. The only thing I didn't like was that I sat approx. 2 inches higher up because of the new seats padding, than when the stock seat was on it. Very comfortable though.

Old 07-28-2005, 11:20 PM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

cant hardly beat a corbin, a backrest helps too, check out ebay you will find lots of sporty seats....good luck and welcome from eastern nc

Old 07-28-2005, 11:50 PM
monkyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the forum, I have always used Mustang seats and have had excellant luck with them, very comfortable. Getting one delivered tomorow for my night train!

Old 07-29-2005, 02:20 AM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Welcome to the forums from the Arizona Highlands.

Old 07-30-2005, 12:36 AM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad you found us...hope you enjoy the forums. Do a search on this subject, it's been covered many times. You'll find more opinions that are likely to help you out.

Mac

Quick Reply: sportster seats