Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

New here from Alabam

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005 | 02:06 AM
*DUTCH*
|
4th Gear
Default New here from Alabam

Hey guys, I just joined the forums and I'm from N. Alabama. I got into bowhunting when I was around 20 years old, and stopped riding bikes. I've kinda got burned out on bowhunting now and looking for a new hobby and place to spend my money instead of bowhunting, and I'm also shopping for my first Harley. A bunch of the guys at the gym where I work out all ride Harleys, and the more I talk to them about their bikes, the more fun it sounds. Plus, I won't have to get up at 3AM anymore, and the hotties are a lot better looking at the bike rallies than at deer camp!

Old 07-22-2005 | 02:13 AM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Default RE: New here from Alabam

Howdy Dutch, welcome to the forum. You are right, the girls do look better at the rallies than in deer camp, at least the deer camps that I have been in. Do you have any idea yet about which model of Harley that you might be looking into buying? Enjoy the ride

Old 07-22-2005 | 02:48 AM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Welcome from TN. You're just down the road a piece been there several times. Hope you enjoy the forums.

John TN

Old 07-22-2005 | 02:54 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Welcome Dutch,

What kinda Harley ya looking for. We can sure help you out. Give us your diminsions and we'll find a bike to fit you.

Terry

Old 07-22-2005 | 02:59 AM
*DUTCH*
|
4th Gear

Thanks for the welcome guys.

SPRINGER, I have been looking at bikes for about 3 months now. I have definitely decided I want nothing but a Harley, and right now I am stuck on the Road King model. I'm kinda leaning towards the custom model, because I think I'm probably going to be doing more local riding at first, plus I don't like the look of windshields too much.

I've got my Polaris 700 Twin up for sale right now, and hope to sell it before deer season opens, so I've got a couple months to decide exactly what I want.

Terry, I've had some friends who ride Harleys tell me to go ahead and get a big model bike, since I am 6'3" and weigh around 260.

Any advice you guys could give would be greatly appreciated though, since I have already changed my mind a few times about which bike I think I want.

Old 07-22-2005 | 04:32 AM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member

Welcome to the forums from the Arizona Highlands. Good luck on your search for a Harley and don't forget about renting as a means to help you choose the model that is right for you.

Old 07-22-2005 | 08:02 AM
HDF Tech
Banned

Dutch

Welcome to the forum, sounds like you have an active life with your hobbies, good to have you here.

Old 07-22-2005 | 11:05 AM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member

Excellent! Welcome Dutch, from NC. Newbie to the forum but a rider for a few years now.
You'll see soon why they're everywhere on the road nowdays.. It's a blast and comparably cheaper than golf, but I dunno about hunting.
Cheaper than Alaskan Carribou hunting maybe.

Any ideas which scoot you're thinking of going with?
A hog's a hog but the variety is very different.. They ride and feel different from sporty's on up into softails, dyna's and tourbikes.

Bama or Auburn? hehehe 50/50 shot on this one!!

Welcome

Old 07-22-2005 | 07:22 PM
monkyman
Outstanding HDF Member

Welcome to the forum from Connecticut. You won't regret getting a Harley, and don't think you'll ever get burnt-out riding one. Good luck with your decision on bike, keep us posted.

Old 07-22-2005 | 07:35 PM
hawg68
Cruiser

Welcome Dutch. Well I do alot of in town riding and I'm 6' 280 lbs and I got the Dyna Super Glide and it's great. I sat on everything but the Road King and to me the Super just felt right. I took my time too and I am very happy with my decision. See ya on the road!

Quick Reply: New here from Alabam