Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

Life story from Wichita, Ks.

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006 | 06:54 PM
Wayward Son
Road Master
Default RE: Life story from Wichita, Ks.

Welcome from Council Bluffs, Iowa. I spent the 2nd half of my childhood in Haysville.

Old 12-05-2006 | 07:52 PM
Bagger_Dave
Cruiser

Hey Toyman, I met my wife when she was in Oklahoma, she was from Sioux City, Her father owns a plumbing co, so she moved me up here and I became a plumber, about 15 yrs ago. I do all commercial construction, not a bad gig!!!

Old 12-06-2006 | 12:07 AM
firemankrug
Outstanding HDF Member

Welcome from Salt Lake City, Utah!!![sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 12-06-2006 | 03:35 AM
Boss Hog
Road Master

[sm=welcomesign.gif] to HDF from sunny, Central Coast CA!

[sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=biker2.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 12-06-2006 | 05:18 AM
Toyman
|
Tourer

I made the trip to Biloxi (?) Miss. once from S.C. Ia. to drop off my brother's kids he had for the summer. We were there 30mins. and drove back home. Hell of a long ways down there, but it was pretty cool to see this part of the country. I'd love the long riding season you all have & there's nothing like riding along the coast line.
ORIGINAL: Harleynole

Welcome to HDF from the Florida Panhandle. Great story!

Old 12-06-2006 | 05:30 AM
Toyman
|
Tourer

I knew a Jim LeFevre growing up in Sioux City, Ia. He was pretty cool. Wonder if he is any relation to you? Never know, it's a small world! Next time your at the Nu-Way stop in at 115 N. Martinson, just around the corner. My German Sheppards (Maxx & Brutus) will introduce themselves to you at the fence. If you see any signs of life I may be around.
ORIGINAL: mountainmistress

The one on W Douglas is the Nu-way that we always go to. Thats funny. Maybe I will run into you sometime when I am there. Family name is LeFevre. There are several.

ORIGINAL: Toyman

Hey Mountainmistress, funny you should ask! My office is just a hop, skip & jump north of the original, first Nu-Way sandwich shop located on West Douglas, so yes, you could say I've ate there a time or two. Crumbly is good! I may know some of you relation as I've met many nice people here.

It is pretty dang flat there. I'm from the Pacific North West, and that was the first thing that I noticed about Wichita. But its a nice city. With some pretty nice people... at least the ones related to me... dont know the rest. Do you ever eat at the New Way burger place??? We have to go there everytime we are in Wichita... Good stuff.

ORIGINAL: Toyman

Welcome from Montana! I have a bunch of family in Wichita. It is a nice city.... I like that you can stand on one side of it and be able to see the other side without any of those hills getting in the way. Just kidding.
I'm originally from Sioux City, Ia. and had the hardest time adjusting to just how flat this part of Ks. really is.
When I'd go back to visit I'd tell my relatives that I could get on the hood of my pickup in Wichita & see all the way to Nebraska.

Old 12-06-2006 | 05:33 AM
Toyman
|
Tourer

Hey Chester, good to here from the corn state. Gott'a love that sig. of yours!
ORIGINAL: chester1957

Welcome from IA

Old 12-06-2006 | 05:35 AM
Toyman
|
Tourer

Thanks Joe, as my life story hints I'm a biker for life.
ORIGINAL: Scout

Welcome from Toronto. Looks like you are going to fit right in here.

Joe

Old 12-06-2006 | 05:40 AM
Toyman
|
Tourer

Hey there Wayward Son, looks like we made similar moves the opposite way. C.B. Ia., as you know is just south of my home town of Sioux City, Ia. & I lived in Haysville for a spell myself.
ORIGINAL: Wayward Son

Welcome from Council Bluffs, Iowa. I spent the 2nd half of my childhood in Haysville.

Old 12-06-2006 | 05:52 AM
Toyman
|
Tourer

Bagger Dave, amaizing. My father owned his own plumbing & heating business in S.C. that he ran with his brothers. Hofling Plumbing & Heating was the name of it. He died at 45 yrs old in 1967 and my mom sold the business to his brother who kept it going till he died in the mid 80s. My brothers & I would have been plumbers if he'd a lived long enough. I'll bet you know "Patches the Clown", kind of a celebrity in town. He is my brother, (Greg Hofling) and still lives in S.C. Rides a blue 02 Ultra.
ORIGINAL: Bagger_Dave

Hey Toyman, I met my wife when she was in Oklahoma, she was from Sioux City, Her father owns a plumbing co, so she moved me up here and I became a plumber, about 15 yrs ago. I do all commercial construction, not a bad gig!!!

Quick Reply: Life story from Wichita, Ks.