Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

Life story from Wichita, Ks.

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006 | 12:16 AM
PhatTrain
Cruiser
Default RE: Life story from Wichita, Ks.

Welcome from Western Maryland....

Old 12-05-2006 | 01:21 AM
akdmax
Tourer

Old 12-05-2006 | 04:20 AM
millzog
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Welcome from Az.

Old 12-05-2006 | 04:53 AM
Toyman
|
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Bagger_Dave

Hey Toyman, Welcome from Iowa!!! I Live in Sioux City area, not a bad place! I'm a transplant from Oklahoma about 15 yrs ago. Gonna get me a Street Glide in about 7 more days!!

Good luck with the new ride and Welcome Aboard!!!
Hey Bagger Dave,
Thanks for the welcome and your right, it is a nice place to live. What caused the transplant north? I moved here in '82 as a result of Reganomics. You couldn't buy a job in S.City back then but I know it's recovered since. I started a small masonry const. busines here and never made it back but to visit family & old friends. I'm coming up in 2 weeks to get my 06 Ultra.

Old 12-05-2006 | 05:05 AM
Toyman
|
Tourer

Hey Mountainmistress, funny you should ask! My office is just a hop, skip & jump north of the original, first Nu-Way sandwich shop located on West Douglas, so yes, you could say I've ate there a time or two. Crumbly is good! I may know some of you relation as I've met many nice people here.
ORIGINAL: mountainmistress

It is pretty dang flat there. I'm from the Pacific North West, and that was the first thing that I noticed about Wichita. But its a nice city. With some pretty nice people... at least the ones related to me... dont know the rest. Do you ever eat at the New Way burger place??? We have to go there everytime we are in Wichita... Good stuff.

ORIGINAL: Toyman

Welcome from Montana! I have a bunch of family in Wichita. It is a nice city.... I like that you can stand on one side of it and be able to see the other side without any of those hills getting in the way. Just kidding.
I'm originally from Sioux City, Ia. and had the hardest time adjusting to just how flat this part of Ks. really is.
When I'd go back to visit I'd tell my relatives that I could get on the hood of my pickup in Wichita & see all the way to Nebraska.

Old 12-05-2006 | 08:43 AM
Qball
Ultimate HDF Member

Welcome from Rhode Island.

Old 12-05-2006 | 02:48 PM
mountainmistress
Ultimate HDF Member

The one on W Douglas is the Nu-way that we always go to. Thats funny. Maybe I will run into you sometime when I am there. Family name is LeFevre. There are several.

Hey Mountainmistress, funny you should ask! My office is just a hop, skip & jump north of the original, first Nu-Way sandwich shop located on West Douglas, so yes, you could say I've ate there a time or two. Crumbly is good! I may know some of you relation as I've met many nice people here.

It is pretty dang flat there. I'm from the Pacific North West, and that was the first thing that I noticed about Wichita. But its a nice city. With some pretty nice people... at least the ones related to me... dont know the rest. Do you ever eat at the New Way burger place??? We have to go there everytime we are in Wichita... Good stuff.

Welcome from Montana! I have a bunch of family in Wichita. It is a nice city.... I like that you can stand on one side of it and be able to see the other side without any of those hills getting in the way. Just kidding.
I'm originally from Sioux City, Ia. and had the hardest time adjusting to just how flat this part of Ks. really is.
When I'd go back to visit I'd tell my relatives that I could get on the hood of my pickup in Wichita & see all the way to Nebraska.

Old 12-05-2006 | 04:20 PM
Harleynole
Tourer

Welcome to HDF from the Florida Panhandle. Great story!

Old 12-05-2006 | 05:25 PM
chester1957
Road Warrior

Welcome from IA

Old 12-05-2006 | 05:41 PM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member

Welcome from Toronto. Looks like you are going to fit right in here.

Joe

Quick Reply: Life story from Wichita, Ks.