Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

Life story from Wichita, Ks.

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006 | 11:50 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Default RE: Life story from Wichita, Ks.

Howdy, welcome to the forum.

Old 12-04-2006 | 02:43 AM
ironhorse
Road Master

Welcome from Northern Indiana.

IronHorse

Old 12-04-2006 | 06:50 PM
GREEN MACHINE
Tourer

Hey toyman, great story, boy can I relate. Lost my older brother when he was nineteen on a 305 scambler. He was my hero. Ride safe

Old 12-04-2006 | 07:15 PM
Toyman
|
Tourer

Sorry to hear that Green Machine. I lost a cousin at about the same age to an off road cycle accident. He & I were pretty close. Terrible losses at such a young age. I have an uncle that had rode cycles for over 50 yrs before someone ran a light & almost killed him in more than one way as he can't ride anymore. He still has both his bikes. The Honda Interstate he got hit on sits waiting to be rebuilt along with his restored 47 Indian Chief that waits to be rode. I would give anything to have the Chief but it can't be bought as it'll be passed on to his son when he's gone.

Old 12-04-2006 | 07:50 PM
molsenice
Ultimate HDF Member

Welcome from Glens Falls, NY

Old 12-04-2006 | 10:42 PM
mountainmistress
Ultimate HDF Member

Welcome from Montana! I have a bunch of family in Wichita. It is a nice city.... I like that you can stand on one side of it and be able to see the other side without any of those hills getting in the way. Just kidding.

Old 12-04-2006 | 11:06 PM
Toyman
|
Tourer

ORIGINAL: mountainmistress

Welcome from Montana! I have a bunch of family in Wichita. It is a nice city.... I like that you can stand on one side of it and be able to see the other side without any of those hills getting in the way. Just kidding.
I'm originally from Sioux City, Ia. and had the hardest time adjusting to just how flat this part of Ks. really is.
When I'd go back to visit I'd tell my relatives that I could get on the hood of my pickup in Wichita & see all the way to Nebraska.

Old 12-04-2006 | 11:20 PM
anubisss
Banned

Welcome from L.A.

Old 12-04-2006 | 11:22 PM
Bagger_Dave
Cruiser

Hey Toyman, Welcome from Iowa!!! I Live in Sioux City area, not a bad place! I'm a transplant from Oklahoma about 15 yrs ago. Gonna get me a Street Glide in about 7 more days!!

Good luck with the new ride and Welcome Aboard!!!

Old 12-04-2006 | 11:43 PM
mountainmistress
Ultimate HDF Member

It is pretty dang flat there. I'm from the Pacific North West, and that was the first thing that I noticed about Wichita. But its a nice city. With some pretty nice people... at least the ones related to me... dont know the rest. Do you ever eat at the New Way burger place??? We have to go there everytime we are in Wichita... Good stuff.

ORIGINAL: Toyman

ORIGINAL: mountainmistress

I'm originally from Sioux City, Ia. and had the hardest time adjusting to just how flat this part of Ks. really is.
When I'd go back to visit I'd tell my relatives that I could get on the hood of my pickup in Wichita & see all the way to Nebraska.

Quick Reply: Life story from Wichita, Ks.