Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

New Guy

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004 | 01:27 AM
Deluxed
|
Stage II
Default New Guy

Hello! I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone. My name is Chris and I'm a newbie. I picked up my Deluxe on Aug. 28. I had taken the MSF course 4 weeks before but had never even so much as sat on a Harley. Now don't get me wrong this was not a spur of the moment purchase but something I have dreamt about for over a decade. Anyway The first Harley I ever sat on was my Deluxe. I purchased it from a dealer over 250 miles away from my home and yes without any riding experience to speak of (beside the MSF), I rode it home.....with thee single biggest smile on my face ever! I have since put almost 2800 miles on it. I love it. It is a dream come true.
I joined this forum to hopefully learn from all of you more experienced riders. I have a ton of questions but for now I'll just check out the threads so I don't ask anything that's already been asked.

Thanks, Chris

Old 12-14-2004 | 01:05 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Default RE: New Guy

Hey man,

Welcome aboard. I'll be a first time Harley owner in March. I have rented Harelys a couple of times... I know ALL about that "smile": I remember riding home one night and it was COLD... the whole time I was thinking "Man, I'm freezing, but I'm on a HARLEY, so who cares!?!", and I had a huge chattering grin on my face! Congrats on the purchase!

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 12-14-2004 | 01:14 PM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member

Congrats on your purchase and welcome.

I'm expecting delivery of my first Harley within the next two weeks. I've been riding for years, simply never had the money to get one.

Come back often!

Mac

Old 12-14-2004 | 01:19 PM
12Stones
Seasoned HDF Member

Welcome D, I too know that smile...I'm still wearin' it. Congrats on the bike and hope you'll stick around.

Old 12-14-2004 | 01:46 PM
breaknbad
Road Warrior

Hey deluxed,

Welcome,

Dont be a stranger, come back often.

I am still wearing my smile from aug. too.

You ride about like i do, I have 3000 miles on mine but i have taken a weekend trip to pennsilvana from virginia. I take alot of short hopes on the weekend ( 3 or 4 hours. ).

David

Old 12-14-2004 | 05:55 PM
Ironhead
Stellar HDF Member

That's is a great story to share with us!

Dreams do come true!

Congrats... ride safe!

Old 12-14-2004 | 10:01 PM
harleybiker
Tourer

Congrats on your new purchase. I'll be joining you this spring and welcome aboard![sm=exactly.gif]

hb

Old 12-14-2004 | 11:19 PM
Deluxed
|
Stage II

Hi Everyone and thanks for the warm welcome. I apologize for not answering sooner but I just got home from work. The first thing I do when I get home is head for the garage and check on my bike. Sometimes I don't believe it's really real. I rode yesterday afternoon, rain clouds,wind, and all. I did'nt have enough money when I bought the bike to also buy Leathers/winter gear so I was freezin but it was okay because I was on my Harley.

Old 12-15-2004 | 04:46 AM
BillyV
Cruiser

I did the same thing yesterday!
Froze my *** off and enjoyed every moment!

-Billy

Old 12-16-2004 | 01:36 PM
4boltsiron
Tourer

Desire is the root of all unhappiness and i've got a healthy desire for one of them there deluxes.Enjoy that scoot,post a pic.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Quick Reply: New Guy