Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

Looking for a local group of heroes, Virginia Beach

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010 | 03:37 PM
gurleylin
|
5th Gear
Thumbs up Looking for a local group of heroes, Virginia Beach

This past Sunday, October 31, 2010, I made a serious mistake and took a twisty road too fast, hit the soft shoulder and wet pinestraw, and crashed my bike. Lucky for me I went low side and landed in a ditch filled with pine straw. I must have had an angel on my shoulder because other than a few bruises, I am ok. My Dyna landed beside me and got mired in the mud and water and there was no way me and my hubby were going to get her out by ourselves.

Well, a second angel was sitting on my other shoulder because right after the crash, four riders on big HD dressers came along, three guys and a gal. They all pitched in and helped me and the hubby get my bike out of the ditch. It was tough one. These poor folks got soaked to the knees and probably ruined their riding boots while they were helping me. I remembered to thank them but failed to get their names which I blame on getting my bell rung pretty hard. I want to thank them properly and buy them new boots to replace the ruined ones. It's the least I could do.

So if the folks who helped me out of a bad spot are reading this, please respond to this thread. Or if you know someone who told you a story about helping a dizzy chick out of the ditch this weekend in Virginia Beach on Indian River Road, please let them know about this post. I sure would like to hear from them.

Linda

Old 11-01-2010 | 04:17 PM
cayers
Extreme HDF Member

Sorry I can't help you, glad to hear that you are okay and welcome you from New Mexico!

Old 11-01-2010 | 04:27 PM
tjvrodrick
Club Member

I can't help you out But good luck.Welcome to the forum. Have fun here,Ride safe,
Always Ride like everyone is trying to KILL you. Why? because they are...

Old 11-01-2010 | 05:41 PM
sh57
Elite HDF Member

welcome from north carolina, i would be very surprised if anybody took you up on the new boots offer. I am sure your thanks were enough, and just remember to help another biker out if you ever see the need.

Old 11-01-2010 | 06:05 PM
screamin softail
Road Master

Glad you were not seriously hurt. Another welcome from New Mexico.

Old 11-01-2010 | 09:47 PM
rushbass
Ultimate HDF Member

Welcome aboard from Biloxi Mississippi! Glad to hear you are okay, and the crash was not any worse!

Old 11-02-2010 | 10:16 AM
Wassup8687
Club Member

Welcome aboard from New York. I'm sorry to hear of your accident but happy to hear you are OK.

Old 11-02-2010 | 10:51 AM
Bubba49
Road Master

Welcome from VA Beach. I'll pass it on if I hear anyone speaking about it. Have you thought about sending your story into the Virginian-Pilot at "how.nice@pilotonline.com ? They do stories in the Daily Break once a week about acts of kindness and rudeness. Might be a way to get a response.

Bubba

Old 11-02-2010 | 10:58 AM
oct1949
Club Member

Post the same in the touring section.. lots more read that section than here in the new member area....

Glad U wasn't hurt any more than U where.

Welcome to the Forum and safe riding.
From Indiana

Old 11-02-2010 | 11:08 AM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member

linda, repost your story in the general chat section.

here, all you'll get is hello's and welcome's.

also, bubba's idea is great, hit up the local paper.

Quick Reply: Looking for a local group of heroes, Virginia Beach