Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

Research Mode

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010 | 01:32 AM
Link
|
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Research Mode

Wow, I've been in research mode for a while now and I keep coming back here so I thought I'd say hey...these forums are highly informative and at times absolutely hillarious! I've been rollin with some of the stuff I've been reading around here.

A little about me: I work for a living, used to dress up like a tree at one point in time, and I rode my first motorcylcle was 5 yrs old. Yep, it was a little Kawasaki 75 mini bike and I have ridden bikes ever since. although I have mainly kept to the dirt. Here a couple of years back I was trying to clear a damn table top on my CR250 that was set up directly out of a 180 degree burm and well, got a little out of shape and that whole gyro thing with the rear wheel got the best of me and I broke and seperated my right ankle. I got back on, and about 2 years later I rode a 3 hr harescramble with a buddy of mine and learned that even though I ihad a blast in that muddy mess of a track in April out in Topeka, the limited range of motion in my ankle didn't fair too well when it hit a stump in the ground negotiating a corner in the woods. Limped around for a couple of weeks after that...

So, Harley's are a bit of a tradition with the people I grew up around and I've always wanted one. Don't really talk to 'em anymore because, well, left that all behind to dress up like a tree...Never had one, mostly because I couldn't afford one and was having way too much fun on the dirt.

Well, now I've got an itch for one that I'm fixin' to scratch come next season.
I'm just researching for now, looking into the Dyna's as they seem like they would be a good transition for me and I'm amazed at how many used bikes are out there that are a couple of years old with such low miles on them...what's up with that? Garage Queens ya think?

Anyhow, didn't want to be lurking around too much without introducing myself, and besides, if I keep hearing some this hillarious crap I might need to come up with a good joke myself!

And I don't care what none of you say...SOA is where it's at!!! LMAO!!!

Old 10-05-2010 | 06:48 AM
dmercy
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Link
..., used to dress up like a tree at one point in time, and ...

Huh? Well I'll leaf that one alone.

Welcome from Levittown, PA.

Old 10-05-2010 | 08:36 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

Welcome to the Forum and safe riding.
From Indiana

Old 10-05-2010 | 09:03 AM
Retired_Colonel
Tourer

Welcome from NE Oregon!! You need to 'scratch that itch'.. I think some are 'enamored' with the Harley mystique, but maybe don't have that real passion for riding. My brother and sister-in-law are good examples...they bought beautiful Harleys, and all the 'dressy' Harley clothing. I think they each have about 1000 miles on their bikes in two years. We have beautiful riding weather, and they fart around in their yard. Go figure!

Old 10-05-2010 | 09:12 AM
PakMul
Cruiser

Welcome from another part of Oregon. Enjoy the new passion!

Old 10-05-2010 | 10:35 AM
Link
|
Novice

Originally Posted by Retired_Colonel
Welcome from NE Oregon!! You need to 'scratch that itch'.. I think some are 'enamored' with the Harley mystique, but maybe don't have that real passion for riding. My brother and sister-in-law are good examples...they bought beautiful Harleys, and all the 'dressy' Harley clothing. I think they each have about 1000 miles on their bikes in two years. We have beautiful riding weather, and they fart around in their yard. Go figure!
Ahhh man, I could only imagine what sorts of places you have for riding up there! Out here in the plains, everything is just pale in comparison to that! But, the Rockies are not far and it'd be nice to make it back home a little more often too! I'm thinkin' a Harley would be a great excuse for that!

Thanks for the welcome!

Originally Posted by dmercy
Huh? Well I'll leaf that one alone.
LOL, that is pretty clever! Let me see if I can rake it up for ya! Back before everyone started having to spend all of thier time in the sandbox, we used to dress up like trees and play in the mountains and jungles...at one point we even had to stop a big bully that came around who started picking on a close relative of those who play in the sandbox...go figure...they held the olympics there once...

Old 10-05-2010 | 12:23 PM
ky1bnusmc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Hello and welcome to the forum from Eastern Kentucky.

Old 10-05-2010 | 12:33 PM
tombeving
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the Forum.

Old 10-05-2010 | 01:11 PM
j_howdy
Novice
Default Welcome

welcome to the forum, and Harleys, it's time you've "branched" out.
(sorry couldn't resist)

Old 10-05-2010 | 04:26 PM
tjvrodrick
Club Member

Welcome to the forum. Have fun here,Ride safe,
Always Ride like everyone is trying to KILL you. Why? because they are...

Quick Reply: Research Mode