Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

Hey everyone...Krist here from WA State..!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010 | 03:48 PM
Dharmapunk
|
4th Gear

Dang...I feel loved..!

Krist

Old 09-12-2010 | 11:59 PM
RKKY
Outstanding HDF Member

Welcome from Oregon City!

Old 09-13-2010 | 05:15 PM
Dharmapunk
|
4th Gear

Thanks everyone for the awesome welcome. I've wanted a Harley-Davidson motorcycle for as long as I can remember. I saw a Turquoise Fat Boy with Tan leather fringe adornments and lots of chrome some years back, in a Santa Monica, CA showroom window. The dealer said it was Keifer Sutherland's bike that he was selling. I fell in Love with that Fat Boy right then and there. The bike...not Keifer..!
Alright...So I started my Harley Fund when I was 19 years old. My roommate at the time had a Harley fund already started, where he put his spare change every time he came in for the night. I had wanted a Harley for several years by then...so I started a fund myself. I took an empty bacon bits container (gallon size) home from the restaurant where I worked and cut a slit in the top after gluing the lid shut. After removing the plasticized label, the container was clear...so I put a Bar & Shield Harley-Davidson sticker on it and began filling it. I vaguely remember writing something to the effect, "Touch this money and you die..!" with a Sharpie several places around the outside of the original container.
No matter how bad my life got...and it got quite shitty & often, I never touched that money and I always added to it when I could. Wads of $1's, $5's and an occasional $10 when I was flush and pennies or nothing when times were not so good. There were allot of lean years where the fund didn't appear to be doing much. I've had to replace the container several times due to wear and moving damage.
It took 29 years, but I just bought my Harley-Davidson and I am heading to Seattle to pick it up and ride it home on Friday. The dealership is doing a stage one upgrade with V&H BR 2 into 2 pipes, SE Heavy Breather, SE Race Tuner and synthetic fluids exchange. They promise the bike will be put together, Dyno'd and ready to ride home when I get there Friday morning at 9:00am.

I hope it doesn't rain Friday..!

Krist

Last edited by Dharmapunk; 09-13-2010 at 06:18 PM.