Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

Preparing to make the plunge...

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010 | 06:40 PM
Motorbones
|
Road Master
Default Preparing to make the plunge...

Hello...
I'm currently riding a Vulcan 900 LT and am getting tired of the back end bottoming out when riding 2 up with my wife along with having to push to keep up with all my Harley buds in the American Legion Riders sooooo... been doing a lot of homework and just after the first of the year will be seeking a Vivid Black/Merlot 2011 Road King... and don't try and talk me out of it!!!
As a result I've decided to go ahead and sign-up to the forum so I can get plenty of tips, information and attitude before stepping up to the good life. The Vulcan has been a great machine as 900's go so I really don't have much bad to say about it... except the rear shock sucks and it has to work harder than I'd like a bike to work to ride the way I ride. Picking a particular model has been a mind rendering experience as there's so many nice rides to pick from, but the 2011 has the one feature I've been waiting for, the heat-shutdown-the-rear-piston thingy whin idling (oh well, no radiator this go round). Bottom line is it just plain looks too damn sweet to pass up so I be lirking a bit and asking questions until D-Day (Delivery Day) happens... Thanks
Mark.. Motorbones

Old 08-29-2010 | 06:42 PM
chance
Club Member

Congrats on your decision and welcome to the forums from NorCal...

Old 08-29-2010 | 06:45 PM
dano309
Road Warrior

On D-day,,,,,,,you will be happier than a puppy with two wee wees......
gar-an-dang-t-it

Old 08-29-2010 | 06:51 PM
ky1bnusmc
Outstanding HDF Member

Welcome to the forum from Eastern Kentucky.

Old 08-29-2010 | 06:54 PM
Motorbones
|
Road Master

Thanks for the welcome... Now comes the hard part....... waiting. Good thing the wife is already on board with it. She doesn't know about the Jan/Feb part, but I know she sees the writing on the wall. In the Spring we are plannig a bike trip to Disneyland, San Diego and back up HWY 1 to southern Oregon and back home over 10-12 days. Just can't see doing it on the Vulcan. As long as I can paint her on the back of that Harley cruising through the breezes, I'll be sitting in tall cotton as it were....

Old 08-29-2010 | 07:13 PM
Purple Heart Hog
Novice
Default "Another" Convert, from "North" Calif

Hello Folks:
I'm "TRYING" real hard to make up my very feeble mind about either purchasing a 2000 Softtail Heritage (carb), or manning up to a 2007-08 Road King.
I'm not looking for super fancy, just a nice, comfortable -touring machine; and not a brand new one (yet)....But, I can be persuaded by coming to this forum!
Thanks to all for your great information and photos.

Old 08-29-2010 | 07:22 PM
david christopher
Road Master

you're right, waiting is the hard part, but it sure will be nice when it gets here......welcome from Pensacola

Old 08-29-2010 | 09:04 PM
rushbass
Ultimate HDF Member

Welcome aboard from Biloxi Mississippi!

Old 08-29-2010 | 09:34 PM
sh57
Elite HDF Member

welcome from north carolina

Old 08-30-2010 | 06:32 AM
racerdj
Club Member

You'll really enjoy the KING! Welcome to the Forum from Indy!

Quick Reply: Preparing to make the plunge...