Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

New Michigan Girl Rider!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010 | 10:27 AM
CCRider13
|
Stage III
Smile New Michigan Girl Rider!

There are probably a hundred of these exact same posts. But here I am. I decided for my birthday (29th) this year I wanted a bike, so of course I bought myself Harley (Sportster).

I am new to riding and really don’t know many people that ride (and the ones I do are mostly married, grounded and not up for much). I rode about 600 miles in the past month, mostly by myself, learning my bike and loving it. I live in SE Michigan, but travel around a lot. If you have any suggestions for me, where to go, etc., I will gladly take them- I am up for anything new and exciting!

Old 08-11-2010 | 10:31 AM
VirtualNorm
Road Captain

Welcome to the family

Old 08-11-2010 | 10:48 AM
prostar
Club Member

welcome, please take a motorcycle safety course if you havent already. You'll enjoy riding even more. If you have a local HOG club with your store it can be a great way to meet like minded people

Old 08-11-2010 | 11:04 AM
Wassup8687
Club Member

Welcome aboard from New York.

Old 08-11-2010 | 11:09 AM
BladeRun
Tourer

welcome from Mass. I had inlaws in your state, been there many times. Great riding up north!

Old 08-11-2010 | 11:18 AM
sh57
Elite HDF Member

welcome from north carolina, you are doing the right thing by riding by yourself and getting to know your bike before riding with others.

Old 08-11-2010 | 11:20 AM
Wookalar
Advanced

Welcome from La Porte County, Indiana

Old 08-11-2010 | 11:38 AM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by CCRider13
There are probably a hundred of these exact same posts. But here I am. I decided for my birthday (29th) this year I wanted a bike, so of course I bought myself Harley (Sportster).

I am new to riding and really don’t know many people that ride (and the ones I do are mostly married, grounded and not up for much). I rode about 600 miles in the past month, mostly by myself, learning my bike and loving it. I live in SE Michigan, but travel around a lot. If you have any suggestions for me, where to go, etc., I will gladly take them- I am up for anything new and exciting!
Welcome, you will hear it all at HDForums
Anything? OK I'll meet you half way ... just a 6 hour ride.
Just kidding ....

Old 08-11-2010 | 11:49 AM
TxMongrel
Road Captain

Welcome from San Antonio! My son is stationed in Detroit, USCG. Lots of good riding west of Ann Arbor towards Michigan International Raceway.

Old 08-11-2010 | 12:46 PM
CCRider13
|
Stage III
Smile

Thanks everyone!
I have taken the class (wanted to make sure I passed before I bought my bike- I'm not too good with rules and I would have a hard time looking at it and not riding while in class). Going to my first "bike night" with local chapter tomorrow night--- should be interesting.

6 hours- ummm.... I am still working on getting the nerve to ride up north. Haha. I have topped out at about 140 miles in one day! And just went on highway for the first time last week. LOL

West from here is great. Been to Hell and am going to try to make it to Zukey Lake Tavern next week!

Any other good suggestions on other places to check out is always appreciated

Quick Reply: New Michigan Girl Rider!