Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

New to HD Forums. Looking for Pipes.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010 | 05:28 PM
fatboyjester
|
Stage IV
Default New to HD Forums. Looking for Pipes.

Have an 09 Fatboy and looking to replace stock pipes. Started off thinking Scream'n Eagle slip ons were the way to go but now not so sure. Looked at V&H's Big Radius 2 into 2's. Want something with a deep sound but don't want to get too loud either. I figured this was the place to go for some "sound" advice. Also looking at Samson and Rinehart.

Thanks in advance.

Old 08-07-2010 | 05:32 PM
tjvrodrick
Club Member

Welcome to the forum. Have fun here,Ride safe
Always Ride like everyone is trying to KILL you. Why? because they are...

Old 08-07-2010 | 06:25 PM
screamin softail
Road Master

Welcome from New Mexico. I have V&H BSS pipes and really like them. Not too loud but you can still be heard.

Old 08-07-2010 | 06:34 PM
ROMPUS
Road Master

had the se slipons they sounded great.went to rineheart truduels ,not as deep as the se slipons but made bigger difference in performance.

Old 08-07-2010 | 06:48 PM
fatboyjester
|
Stage IV

Thanks ROMPUS. Did you notice any performance benefit at all with the SE slipons?

Old 08-07-2010 | 07:04 PM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member

I discovered that what I like, not everybody likes. What some guys like on here, I didn't like at all. It's a personal preference. Before you spend the money, just go to a Harley dealer on a nice Saturday morning & hang out for awhile. Find somebody with a bike like yours --- there'll be alot of them. Ask them to fire it up & when you hear something you like, you can ask 'em what it is.

Old 08-07-2010 | 07:54 PM
ky1bnusmc
Outstanding HDF Member

Hello and welcome from Pikeville, Kentucky.

Old 08-07-2010 | 08:40 PM
chance
Club Member

Hello and welcome to HDF from NorCal...

Old 08-07-2010 | 08:54 PM
chris1236
Stage III

Originally Posted by fatboyjester
Have an 09 Fatboy and looking to replace stock pipes. Started off thinking Scream'n Eagle slip ons were the way to go but now not so sure. Looked at V&H's Big Radius 2 into 2's. Want something with a deep sound but don't want to get too loud either. I figured this was the place to go for some "sound" advice. Also looking at Samson and Rinehart.

Thanks in advance.
i have 09 streetbob had set of big r v&h before that took stock pulled bafflout an had abetter sound

Old 08-07-2010 | 09:23 PM
inaroush
Road Captain

Welcome to the Forum from NY.

I just put on V & H 2-1 Big Radius Pipes.

During my inquiry as the benefits of 2-1 or 2-2 here is what I was told.

2-1 Pipes allow for better performance for the engine simply because the help equalize pressure.

2-2 Pipes will rob only a little bit of performance and have a dramatically different look.

Sound wise, the 2-1 has a very deep throaty sound to them ( I think they sound great)

by buddy has V & H straight Shots 2-2 and his also sound amazing just not as deep as the pipes on my bike.

It is all personal preference on look and performance.

Keep in mind with you 09 you have EFI so you will need fuel management - Fuelpak is EASY to install and program (you get the prgm values from their website) no need to use computer to usb (download) flash info and then dyna tune the bike.

You will also need a big air breather for the intake.

Where ya from Jester? I am on Long Island, NY... Is the 'Jester' the name as paret of the shriners?

Quick Reply: New to HD Forums. Looking for Pipes.