Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

hay newbie in chepstow wales

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010 | 10:32 PM
oct1949
Club Member

Welcome to the Forum and safe riding.
From Indiana

Old 06-24-2010 | 06:31 AM
Photo
Outstanding HDF Member

Howdie neighbour and welcome from Bristol, England.

I'm afraid due to circumstances I rarely know much in advance when I'm going to get free time to head of on a ride. But do quite often head in your direction if I have a few hours, but not a full day free.

As you are no doubt fully aware, the route up the Wye Valley makes for a great ride and I nearly always bump into groups of other riders when I stop of at Tintern Abbey for a break.

The A48 up to Gloucester is a nice route as well. Both are obviously short rides for you.

For a longer ride the A49 up through Leominster makes for a great ride. There is also a 1950's American 'style diner (part of a group called OK Diner) just outside Leominster on that route which you might enjoy.

But you're no doubt far more familiar with the routes around your area than I am.

Cheddar and Weston super Mare are good destinations for a ride and regularly attract riders.

Also, try looking in the area for Regional Events / Other Countries (the link is below). I and others have posted details of upcoming events in the South West area which might be of interest to you and give you an opportunity to meet other riders.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/other...&daysprune=365

Good luck and PM me sometime if you wish. But as I say, I rarely know I will have free riding time much in advance. (Note: you cant PM {Private Message} people until after you've been a member for more than 5 days and made at least 5 posts on here in an effort to prevent Spam Messages.

I ride a Black XL1200C so if you see me riding around your area feel free to flag me down for a chat. Its always good to meet other riders.

Old 06-24-2010 | 06:33 AM
ja57
Seasoned HDF Member

Welcome from Illinois.

Old 06-24-2010 | 02:43 PM
rockhard69
Road Captain

the internet sure made the world smaller, welcome aboard

Old 06-24-2010 | 03:04 PM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member

Welcome from Nawlins!!!

Old 06-24-2010 | 07:05 PM
sh57
Elite HDF Member

welcome from north carolina

Old 06-25-2010 | 12:17 PM
dodgemanj
Road Warrior

Welcome from Cary, NC.

Old 07-05-2010 | 09:01 AM
the ghost rider
|
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Photo
Howdie neighbour and welcome from Bristol, England.

I'm afraid due to circumstances I rarely know much in advance when I'm going to get free time to head of on a ride. But do quite often head in your direction if I have a few hours, but not a full day free.

As you are no doubt fully aware, the route up the Wye Valley makes for a great ride and I nearly always bump into groups of other riders when I stop of at Tintern Abbey for a break.

The A48 up to Gloucester is a nice route as well. Both are obviously short rides for you.

For a longer ride the A49 up through Leominster makes for a great ride. There is also a 1950's American 'style diner (part of a group called OK Diner) just outside Leominster on that route which you might enjoy.

But you're no doubt far more familiar with the routes around your area than I am.

Cheddar and Weston super Mare are good destinations for a ride and regularly attract riders.

Also, try looking in the area for Regional Events / Other Countries (the link is below). I and others have posted details of upcoming events in the South West area which might be of interest to you and give you an opportunity to meet other riders.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/other...&daysprune=365

Good luck and PM me sometime if you wish. But as I say, I rarely know I will have free riding time much in advance. (Note: you cant PM {Private Message} people until after you've been a member for more than 5 days and made at least 5 posts on here in an effort to prevent Spam Messages.

I ride a Black XL1200C so if you see me riding around your area feel free to flag me down for a chat. Its always good to meet other riders.
hi there thanks for the reply yer would be cool to go on a haul with some riders from my area my plate ends in hcg it a black iron 883 i will look out for you have a look out for me talk soon and thanks for the tips
cheers james

Old 07-05-2010 | 09:04 AM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member

Howdy, welcome to the forum.

Old 07-05-2010 | 09:57 AM
Photo
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by the ghost rider
hi there thanks for the reply yer would be cool to go on a haul with some riders from my area my plate ends in hcg it a black iron 883 i will look out for you have a look out for me talk soon and thanks for the tips
cheers james
Hi James,

My plate ends FYY (had to look that up lol).

Cheers John.

Quick Reply: hay newbie in chepstow wales