Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

New Members-Problems Viewing Pictures or Sending PM's

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 12:56 PM
Erinworking
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, my name is Erin and i have a 2009 fat bob ,

Old 01-25-2013, 12:56 PM
Erinworking
2nd Gear

Well is this how u get to see pictures lol

Old 01-25-2013, 05:42 PM
zrat89
2nd Gear

This sticky is real helpful. I want support this forum... but I will probably just be a casual lurker. I just want to learn about cool bikes, see neat pictures, and generally waste time

The 5 days AND 5 posts is probably a good idea... i just hate forcing others (and being forced myself) to post to be able to get full access. Anyways... from what I've been able to see this is a great forum and an even better community to be a part of. (Post 1 of 5 :/)

Old 01-30-2013, 10:03 AM
HarryJ
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Try try again

Still trying to figure out how to put a picture in the post. I can see them fine, and I'm up over 30 posts and it's been almost 2 months. Why does the insert image button ask for a URL? My pictures are on my computer or on a digital card. I can't cut and paste, I can't figure this out. I barely know what a URL is. O well.

Old 01-30-2013, 12:55 PM
JesseT
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HarryJ
Still trying to figure out how to put a picture in the post. I can see them fine, and I'm up over 30 posts and it's been almost 2 months. Why does the insert image button ask for a URL? My pictures are on my computer or on a digital card. I can't cut and paste, I can't figure this out. I barely know what a URL is. O well.
your pics need to be hosted on a site such as photostash in order for the bbs to be able to access them..the bbs cannot access your own computer,,

Old 01-30-2013, 01:08 PM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus
Veteran: Army
Received 876 Likes on 584 Posts

Originally Posted by HarryJ
First of all be sure to perform the steps below; If you have not done this then HDF will not allow you to post pictures:

1. go to your User CP (upper left side of page on blue toolbar) and left click it.

2. Scroll down to "Edit Options" and left click it.

3. Now scroll all the way down to the bottom to find the "Miscellaneous Options/Message Editor Interface" and

4. change the options box to "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing".

5. Confirm settings by clicking "Save Changes" at the bottom of this page (see image below).

When you want to upload an image from your computer or digital card, you will have to use the "Manage Attachments" options button.

This button is located right under the screen where you type your text when posting a message.

Left click this button, choose a file from your computer and double left click it, left click the "upload" button and close the upload screen.

Now left click the "Preview Post" button to check the image and you'll find the image thumbnail attached to your post.

Last edited by FXD2003Rider; 01-30-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:05 AM
fatNyellow
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Terry"TheTrollKiller"
Read this link for an answer to your questions about not being able to view pictures or send PM's.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/forum...es-or-pms.html

Hi Terry;
One question is how do I get my profile pic to show up next to my sign on name?
I thought is was because of the five day thing, but I still don't see it.
Any thoughts?

Old 02-01-2013, 11:43 AM
DFC 69
Stage II

New member from South Shore Mass. Bought my first Harley, an old Knucklehead down at Ft. Hood Texas in 71. Guess now it would be called an "old school chopper". Build my last custom in 77, a 56' Pan. Got out of bikes for awhile then bought a new Dyna Super Glide Custom in 2010, traded up to a 2011 Street Glide and traded that up to a 2013 Electra Glide Ultra last Sept. Good to be riding again.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:40 PM
USr1deMC
Cruiser

New member here from Northern Mass. I road a 2012 Nightster in the beginning of last year, did a bunch of mods to it and then traded up to a 2012 Fatboy Lo!

Old 02-03-2013, 11:43 PM
jack scrap
4th Gear

Thanks for the info

Quick Reply: New Members-Problems Viewing Pictures or Sending PM's