Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

Klock Werks Windshield

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 10:14 AM
jw3
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

This is an email I sent to buddies a few days ago - hope it helps you out.
Just got back from a total of 130 miles of testing the Klock Werks Flare Windshield for the FLH. My H-D Dealer, Hampton Roads Harley, received the tester windshields (6.5 and 11.5 inch) from Klock Werks and I installed the 6.5 inch for this test. I wanted to test the 8.5 inch but it was not available from Klock until about 2 weeks from now. So, I first put the 11.5 inch on and when I sat in the saddle I was looking through the windshield with about 3 inches of windshield above my line of sight. This was too high. So I then mounted the 6.5 inch and was very happy with the stationary view - so I went for a ride.

My wife and I immediately noticed the difference in the way the wind was channeled around my head,shoulders and ears. Completely different than the H-D Wind Splitter. I had almost zero wind hitting my head (eyes and helmet just above the eyes). None on the shoulders and almost zero wind at the ears. The wind that did get close to the ears was clean non-turbulent air -
hence no ear slapping/popping. My wife Chris said the wind was considerably less than with other windshields.

We rode at speeds up to 60 MPH on the State HWY and hit 80 MPH on I64. I must say, at 80 MPH on I64 the wind feel was the same as at 40 on HWY 17 - very low.

Well, without any further thought, I went back to the H-D Dealer and ask Kevin, the Parts Guy, to order me the 6.5 inch in Dark Tint. Hopefully it will be in Wednesday next week. I do believe will be a happy biker with this windshield - I know my Sled will be looking good.

Important note: My 2010 Ultra Limited is lowered about 1 inch and the seat is a CVO Street Glide seat which lowers me on the bike by about 1.5 inches (my seat height is about 25 inches). So the 6.5 inch windshield works well. If I had a Standard H-D saddle (stock) I would go with thew 8.5 inch windshield. As I wear prescription lens glasses, I cannot look through a windshield - must look over the top. So the 11.5 inch is not an option for me.

I am sure there are other windshields out there that are just great, but this windshield impressed the hell out of me and the Klock company as well. I mean the folks at Klock know we bikers ain't rolling in money and make their windshields available to your local dealer for you to try. Hell, if you order direct from Klock, they have a 30 day money back guarantee. Can't beat that. Also and on a final note, go to the Klock Werks web site and check out these windshields and see how they are developed to perform
(Brian's wife races bikes). I am into performance big time and after having test ridden the Klock Werks Flare Windshield, I will tell you I am convinced this windshield really works. Bikers toys made by bikers - and the toys are functional.
Have a great weekend.
JW

Old 04-21-2010, 01:59 PM
krjoseph
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome from Music City.

Old 04-24-2010, 09:31 PM
rushbass
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome aboard from Biloxi Mississippi!