Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

new to forum-old to harley world

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006 | 12:37 PM
vnvjames
|
Cruiser
Default new to forum-old to harley world

Hi, i just registered to the forum. Bought a new Street Bob saturday. Been riding many years but quit 3 years ago. I lost a leg in an accident in 2000 and just wasn't comfortable riding anymore, sold my 02 Fatboy and gave the wind a 3 year rest. I looked hard at a new street glide, buy still wasn't right, then I sat on and drove the new street bob, WOW ! that was the bike for me. Even tho I've always rode Fl frames I really feel safe on the street bob, I get a lot of wobble in my phrosthetic leg and absolutly no wobble with the street bob. Blew my mind when the dealer { the owner } grabed me on the way out--said" for old time sakes I'm going to make you a deal you can't pass up " of cource I said " Yea Right " well he discounted the bike down 400.00--he thew in a set of forward controls including labor--he threw in a stage 1 kit-- and gave me a 20% discount on new mufflers!! Never seen that before. Any way looking for pros and cons on the street bob, at 245 pounds you would think it is too small for me but I feel good on it so I guess in my condition that goes a long way. In the many years I rode { 10 years with VNVMC } I have only had 1 accident and never drank and drove so if a stupid cager don't get me I should be able to do a few more years, I was known as " Just James " by most bikers so I guess I'll stay with that. thanks

Old 07-16-2006 | 01:00 PM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member
Default RE: new to forum-old to harley world

I'm much bigger than you, and the fwds fit me perfect. Cons are a LOT of people have the 'Bob. The Pros are you can do whatever you want to it and it's a Harley.

Old 07-16-2006 | 01:36 PM
Blackbird
Extreme HDF Member

Congratulations on getting such a deal on your Bob and welcome aboard from Omaha, Nebraska. [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 07-16-2006 | 01:56 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member

Howdy James, welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new Bobber, it does sound like you got a great deal, enjoy the ride.

Old 07-16-2006 | 02:01 PM
vnvjames
|
Cruiser

WOW ! Blackbird--That is one fine Sporty! As we speak I'm taking a break from working on my wifes Sporty. Sportys are amazing, she quit riding when I did, but kept her sporty, it's an 86 -now an 1100 cc. It was reworked by a HD mechanic locally, he pumped it up to 90HP and 105 ft lb of torque, one wheel standing sporty!! it has sat for 3 years here inside our game room, I pull it out ever 3 mths and run it { always used fuel stabilizer } Yesterday I cranked it and first try it started, but its always had a leaky carb so I picked up a CV carb used yesterday and I'm installing a dynajet kit right now and she is ready to start riding again.

Old 07-16-2006 | 02:06 PM
streetbobhans
Cruiser

congrats on the new bike and Welcome from Amsterdam. Did you get the '07 bob?

Old 07-16-2006 | 02:33 PM
XRP
Ultimate HDF Member

Welcome from Cold Lake, Alberta, Canada.

Old 07-16-2006 | 03:14 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member

[sm=americanasmiley.gif]Name:  welcome3.gif
Views: 23
Size:  10.4 KB[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

To
HDForums.com

Stick around and have some fun with us.

Old 07-16-2006 | 04:26 PM
vnvjames
|
Cruiser

no I got the 06--I understand the 07 will be 96 cid. About like doing a stage 2 which I will do later anyway.

Old 07-16-2006 | 04:48 PM
tread
Outstanding HDF Member

Congrats on the deal on the Street Bob and welcome to HDF
Name:  bikepics005.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  40.7 KB

Quick Reply: new to forum-old to harley world