Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

First post, first Harley... made the switch.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 08:01 PM
orangecrush
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default First post, first Harley... made the switch.

Hello all,

Just thought I would introduce myself. Been riding sportbikes for over 20 years and after all the trash talking I've done, I can't believe it took me this long to buy the best bike I've ever owned.

Bought an '05 Softail Nightrain and the mods started as soon as I got home. I'm in the process of receiving parts necc. to do a 240 kit. Though my bodyshop is quite capable of doing paintjobs like on my bike, I cheated.... I bought one already done since I didn't want down time and wanted to ride NOW. I've had the bike for about a month and a half and have over 2200 miles on it.

My wife is on this forum (screenname Amy), she started riding about a year ago and started off on a Ninja 250 and after a year or so, she is the proud owner of a 883 Sportster. (already lowered, wheels, bars, upper controls, fat tank on the way)

Anyway, here she is....

I tend to be partial to this color since you can see the H2 in the background with almost the same color and an S10 I've been working on.

Old 07-03-2006, 08:05 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: First post, first Harley... made the switch.

Beautiful ride (s)! Welcome to the forum to you and Amy! Enjoy and ride safe.

Old 07-03-2006, 08:13 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

Howdy, welcome to the forum. Sure is a great lookin bike that you have. You did a great job.

Old 07-03-2006, 08:16 PM
Amy
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forum!! I heard you were a hottie (but don't tell my husband I said so).

...........and you better not embarrass me. ( I know where you live)

Old 07-03-2006, 08:21 PM
orangecrush
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks bikergirl, it's funny how much nicer the Harley crowd is than the sportibike riders. (general age of owners perhaps?) Like I said, I have been riding since I was 20 (43 now), the last 5-6 years, I got into racing. (also took 3 levels of Keith Code's California Superbike school and 1 level of Kevin Schwantz's race school) Though I enjoy the twisties, the last few years I simply didn't enjoy riding my sportbike as much. I LOVE riding the HD.

Even the people are nicer. I've always waved to other bikers, whether they are on a sportbike or HD and now I find myself even waving when I'm in my truck to other HD riders and you know what the wierd part is? THEY WAVE BACK! go figure.

Anyway, absolutely love the HD and for the first time in my life, I understand the phrase my other HD friends say... "if I have to explain it to you, you wouldn't understand" It's definitely a lifestyle and Amy and I have already started altering our vacation priorities.

I'm not sure who likes it more, her or I...

Old 07-03-2006, 08:23 PM
Blackbird
Extreme HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome aboard from Omaha, Nebraska. [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 07-03-2006, 08:26 PM
Pat
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Your missus has introduced herself before and is already giving us old farts as good as she gets ( Hi Amy )

BTW, very nice bike. And a nice pickup as well, body work done in one of your shops I presume.

Old 07-03-2006, 08:27 PM
orangecrush
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: SPRINGER

Howdy, welcome to the forum. Sure is a great lookin bike that you have. You did a great job.
Thanks Springer, the majority of the stuff I had put on at the dealership. I'm fully capable of modifying it myself cause I figured I would do it and have to fork out the money anyways... not to mention downtime. Can't ride if it takes me 3 weeks to paint a set.

I'm getting ready to sell the wheels and tires and sad part is, I found some cool fenders to paint so I may as well sell the painted set.

Regardless, mods must be made... I think it's a law or something.

Old 07-03-2006, 08:28 PM
12Stones
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice ride and welcome to the forums. Hope you and your wife have some great rides and share em with us.

Old 07-03-2006, 08:30 PM
orangecrush
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks and hi Blackbird.

ORIGINAL: Pat

Welcome to the forum. Your missus has introduced herself before and is already giving us old farts as good as she gets ( Hi Amy )

BTW, very nice bike. And a nice pickup as well, body work done in one of your shops I presume.

Thanks Pat. Yep, been working on her for a while. Just took out the LT-1 and installed a blown 468 cu.in. bigblock. I'm about to open up another bodyshop (hopefully within the next week or so... been saying that since FEB) and the money been tight. The new shop is eating my lunch right now.

And Amy is a handful. I'll be sure to post some better pics of her [8D]

Mark

Quick Reply: First post, first Harley... made the switch.