Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

leather help

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 06:04 PM
chrishicks3603
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default leather help

New rider and I need some advice on leather. What do you guys wear? Have any of you guys purrchased from leather up? If so how was the quality? i have been looking at the speedster that they carry and I was wondering if this is enough jacket for Georgia winters. If you guys have any other places to purchase or any advice on leather I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Old 10-19-2009, 06:55 PM
racerdj
Club Member

Great question...I was wondering the same.
Welcome from Indy!

Old 10-19-2009, 06:59 PM
Maimas
Road Warrior

My opinion... I have to try it, before I buy it. Go to a store, try on a few different Items. When you find what YOU like, see if you can get it online. Leather up is a good place to order from.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:18 PM
tjvrodrick
Club Member

Welcome to the forum. Have fun, Ride Safe

Old 10-19-2009, 07:38 PM
kerrycorcoran
Tourer

Originally Posted by Maimas
My opinion... I have to try it, before I buy it. Go to a store, try on a few different Items. When you find what YOU like, see if you can get it online. Leather up is a good place to order from.
Couldn't agree more. This has to do with functionality as well as fit and comfort.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:51 PM
Barrenmug
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome from NC.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:59 PM
Tilter
Tourer

I like Vanson and Fox Creek for leathers, especially Fox Creek for great pricing and custom fit.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:25 PM
woosh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now I have a HD shifter jacket. Going to buy a Road Warrior jacket in the near future..

Old 10-19-2009, 09:33 PM
DblDfxd
Advanced

checked the site (leather up) and found the "speadster". can't speak to the Ga winters but i don't think it would be enough for the altitude/latitude here in Va. (800 - 2000 ft.). my concern is they refer to the zipout lining as being "mesh". i found a cheap option for winter riding - insulated coverall. you can get em at walmart for under $50 here and they come in black! be sure to get em large enough to wear over jacket and chaps. i would also recommend "testin' `em" on a short run as they will restrict your mobility a bit. another item(s) i have is in my winter saddle bags are called "snow paws". they are the bomb!! originally designed for ATV's. dare i say, you may have to go to a metric shop (eeeekkkkk) to buy em. (i hired the neighbor's kid to go for me, the 20 bucks i threw him was a heckuva lot cheaer than having to send him to Va. Tech!!) imagine a huge set of fur lined mittens that fit over the hand grips, velcro secures em just lateral of where your mirror stem mounts to the bars and they're big enough to allow full access to hand controls. with these, insullated gloves and heated grips i can ride with warm hands down into the low 30's even the upper 20's!!

leather up's web site looks really good, haven't seen any of their products up close and personal. got a ridin pardner that recently got a jacket from fox creek and he LOVES it. soft high gauge leather and looks good too!

DD out

Old 10-19-2009, 11:05 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

got my jacket at near HD dealer, they have the HD sales in spring ... up to 75% off.. last yrs stuff...

Welcome to the forum.
From central Ind.

Quick Reply: leather help