Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

Newbie and Bob Owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006 | 04:19 AM
jigman
|
Cruiser
Default Newbie and Bob Owner

Well...I'm totally new with a bike so neew I havent even picked it up yet. But she's got a "SOLD" sticker on her. Wow what a journey. Havent ridden since 1997 when I sold my Hond Shadow 750 because I could no longer afford it. In the meantime I got married in 1998 to my unbelievably cool wife who didnt have even a remote inclination toward motorcycling. Now I don't want to offend anyone or put them off, but I'm a Christian who's truly been shown the power of prayer. Wife and I have been searching over the years for something to do together that we both shared great passion for. And while we truly have a great time together doing almost anything...there was always that one real exciting and fun activity and bonding that comes from it..lacking. But my wife asked me to buy her a ride today and I did. Of course first there was massive amounts of discussion and her enrollment in Riders Edge Course at the HD Dealership. I just picked her up a Yamaha V-Star 650 today for her newbie bike!! Detoured on the way home to the HD shop and signed up for a brand new Street Bob. Yep, and someday maybe I will be able to afford to paint it...comes in primer black ya know. Neither her nor I can barely sleep we are so excited. We have some good friends (a couple) that are almost as excited as we are who both have HD's. His is custom built by him and his wife has a heritage soft tail. My wife really is striving toward HD ownership, but hey, in the end many of us have gotten there by way of the rice paddies first and I think the V-Star will get her there pretty fast. I went that way back in the 90's and so did many folks we know. I outgrew my Honda in about 2 weeks...well maybe a bit more but not much. But new riders often fear HD and old riders lose all perspective. All us old riders just know to buy our last bike first (yeah right). We all just can say that cuz we have forgotten how scary it was back in the day. Other than the expense of keeping two addicts happy in cycling land, I can't think of life getting any better than what it is right now this side of heaven. This is a great site and I've been lurking awhile while waffling between sportsters and dynas neither of which I can afford. But when it was all said and done, I opted for the comfort, power and looks of the Street Bob. Let the goodtimes Roll!!!!!!Yeah baby...yeah!!!!

Old 06-22-2006 | 05:55 AM
millzog
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Default RE: Newbie and Bob Owner

Jigman, welcome to the HDF, good people and information here ! Congrats on your 2 new bikes, I have a good friend that has a streetbob and he just can`t get enough of it.So safe riding to you and your wife, Steve from always "sunny" Arizona.

Old 06-22-2006 | 07:18 AM
atrox88
Ultimate HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Welcome to the forum from Carroll County, Maryland

Old 06-22-2006 | 10:40 AM
06ALULTRA
Road Master

Hello and welcome to the forum from Alabama
Congrats on the Bob and and finding something that the two of you can do together.

Gen. 2:24 KJV

Old 06-22-2006 | 10:41 AM
100thRK
Elite HDF Member

[sm=biker2.gif] [sm=biker.gif]
Welcome to the Forums from Louisiana!!!!!!!
[sm=massbounce.gif] [sm=groupwave.gif]

Old 06-22-2006 | 10:55 AM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member

Howdy from Dallas

Old 06-22-2006 | 11:03 AM
skateboard
Road Warrior

Welcome to the h-d forums from Iola,Wisconsin.

Old 06-22-2006 | 02:29 PM
XRP
Ultimate HDF Member

Welcome from Cold Lake Alberta, Canada.

Old 06-22-2006 | 02:44 PM
Keith_H
Outstanding HDF Member

Hello from Columbia, MO
Congrats on the new bikes, you guys will have great fun together.

Old 06-22-2006 | 05:32 PM
Sooee
Ultimate HDF Member

Gidday, welcome to the HDForums from New Zealand, enjoy!!!! [sm=welcomesign.gif]

Quick Reply: Newbie and Bob Owner