Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

New to the forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005 | 02:17 PM
sporty12
|
Cruiser
Default New to the forum

Hi all! I hooked up with this forum through a question I asked at Ask.com. I lurked for a couple hours and liked what I saw. I have been to other MC forums and got tired of all the grumpys and flamers[:@]. I look forward to grabbing and maybe even giving a bit of info. I have been riding for 26 years: '75 Kaw 400, '79 Honda 750, '91 Sportster 1200, currently riding '03 FLHTPI that my dept. traded-in (had 291 miles, not even broke in yet). I'm getting closer to pulling the pin and enjoying more time in the wind.

Old 05-07-2005 | 02:24 PM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member
Default RE: New to the forum

Glad you found us...post some pics of that Police Edition when you get the chance. There is a guy around town that rides one, his is fairly old...I'd be interested in seeing a newer one.

Glad you liked what you saw on the forum, there is a great bunch on this forum, and flaming, trolls, etc., is not tolerated. We're here to ride, and share stories about riding while learning more about these great machines we all love so much.

Mac

Old 05-07-2005 | 03:27 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member

Howdy Sporty, welcome to Harley Country. Mac is right about the flaming and the trolling, the administration of this forum has done an excellent job in keepng the forum intact. You will find a hearty welcome from the members here. Enjoy the ride.

Old 05-07-2005 | 04:59 PM
lschultz
Road Master

Pulling the pin [sm=jawdrop.gif] thats not what I think it is--is it? You found a good place lots of info here. If your even thinking about doing something theres probably somebody here thats done done it.

Old 05-07-2005 | 05:06 PM
Harley Rulz
Banned

A big ol Texas welcome to ya.You found the best so forget the rest.Enjoy the forum and the ride.

Craig

Old 05-07-2005 | 06:05 PM
sporty12
|
Cruiser

Thanks for the warm welcome, everybody. Larry, I'm not sure what you are thinking, but it has nothing to do with grenades.
Pulling the pin means I'm in my 27th year on the job, 50 years old, fed up with the youngsters(both on the job and on the street) as well as the rest of the BS and can retire today at 67.5% of my salary. I guess I'm only sticking around to see what happens next....and the health insurance.
Here is my current ride, right after I got it. I have done some minor mods: seat, box w/ passenger rest, some 100th anniv. chrome, and highway foot rests on engine guard. I'm currently working on a stereo install (which is how I found you all).

Old 05-07-2005 | 09:40 PM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member

If you're working on a stereo install, you and I should talk. I just went through this, and am "patiently waiting on three more deliveries...

Check out this thread:

http://www.vtwintalk.com/m_43683/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

Let me know what you end up doing...after you read the thread you'll know what I did.

Mac

Old 05-07-2005 | 11:48 PM
TxMoores
Road Warrior

Sporty, Welcome Aboard!! Nice looking ride! How 'bout a few larger pics for us to drool over? If you ever find yourself in South Texas / South Padre Island drop me a note and we will grab some beer and real Mexican food!

Old 05-08-2005 | 01:35 AM
Lovetoride
Grand HDF Member

Glad you found us!

Ryan

Old 05-08-2005 | 01:53 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Russell,

Sounds like you're a cop too. I work at the Coles County Sheriff's Dept in East Central Illinois (Charleston), home of Eastern Illinois University. I'm pulling the plug in 07.

Nice scoot. One of my fellow officers just bought a Road Kink police bike and loves it. You get a lot of bang for the buck and you can do all kinds of neat stuff to dress it up.

Just got back from the Illinois Police Memorial Service in Springfield on Thursday night. Boy them Chicago coppers really know how to party. Had a great time and really enjoyed seeing the memorial.

Great to have you with us. There are several law enforcement officers on the forum.

Terry

Quick Reply: New to the forum