Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

New to the forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005 | 02:13 AM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: New to the forum

welcome from eastern nc my glide is an ex presidential motorcade bike, you going to love the way the bags open!! good luck ride safe

Old 05-08-2005 | 03:11 AM
whiplush
Tourer

Hello and welcome!

One of my best buds has that same bike, 03 FLHTPI. At first I was like "wtf did you buy that for", but I totally understand now because it has the black and chrome motor which you can't get without getting the Ultra or the Classic. He had his painted black and it is truly a sweet looking ride now. The pursuit light always gets alot of attention when people start looking at it too. He put a Corbin Classic Solo seat on his and loves it. His bags always come in handy for MY jacket and helmet too![sm=smiley4.gif]

Old 05-08-2005 | 10:21 AM
monkyman
Outstanding HDF Member

Welcome to the forum, nice looking bike!

Old 05-08-2005 | 02:15 PM
sporty12
|
Cruiser

Mac, that thread is what hit on the Ask.com web site and brought me to the forum. I'm going to try to hook up with SUI and Dakota for a clean install. I already have a marine(not your kind) stereo to stick in. BTW, you have a great personal web site.

TX, that sounds like a mighty fine invite. I don't know when I'll ever get down there, but I will keep that in mind.

Terry, yep, you guessed right. I've had enuf! As for the cop bike, you're right there too. You DO get a lot of bang for the buck. Lots of chrome comes on it. Chi-Town H-D in Tinley Park, IL is where we get our scoots. We get a new one each year for about a grand, and he give our guys first option to buythe trade-in at a good price. We had quite a few of our locals in Springfield, too. I haven't made it there for the memorial yet, but promised I'd try next year. Maybe I'll have more spare time by then .

Mike, the bags are only one of the nice things about the bike. I started the MC unit with our agency in 1991. We got our training through H-D and Northwestern Univ. What a great time, great guys and even learned a thing or three. They have expanded the program quite a bit since then. Is Jacksonville near Wilmington? I had one of my detectives just retire and move out there. I'm personally quite fond of the Kernersville area. My wife has relatives there. I'm considering a move there myself.

Everybody else: thanks for the welcome and compliments on the bike. More pics to follow.

Old 05-08-2005 | 03:24 PM
Pelonz
Stellar HDF Member

Welcome from SoCal, love the quote/signature

Old 05-09-2005 | 10:25 PM
CobraKid
Road Captain

Welcome to the Forum from South Jersey!!! Your gonna love it here, great place to hang out when your not ridin!!!!!

Old 05-10-2005 | 01:55 AM
edman
Intermediate

Welome to the forums. Ride safe! EdMan

[IMG]local://upfiles/2034/78DC5307BB8D425D894415DB19B2DD35.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-11-2005 | 09:24 AM
Phantomryder
Road Master

welcome to the best harley site on the net...
Ride Safe

Old 05-13-2005 | 12:39 PM
hawk
Road Master

Welcome sporty,On this forum it's all about HD

Old 05-13-2005 | 09:36 PM
sporty12
|
Cruiser

Thanks a lot, Homer, Cobra, Ed, Phantom & Hawk. Nice to be here.
Homer, that little saying really holds true at work, as I'm sure Terry can attest to!

Quick Reply: New to the forum