Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

Heritage Classic aftermarket pipes

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 08:20 PM
sunnfunnc
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heritage Classic aftermarket pipes

Hi all. I'm new to the board. I got my bike ('05 Heritage Classic) in February. This has been the worst weather for spring that I can remember [:@]. That's okay. When the sun DOES finally come out, I'll have lots of riding to catch up on!

I still have stock pipes. Info. that anyone can offer with regards to performance, costs, appearance and sound of aftermarket pipes would be greatly appreciated. To say I'm unsure about which pipes to go with is an understatement. For what they cost, I want to do it right the FIRST time!!

Thanks!

sunnfunnc

[IMG]local://upfiles/2242/2FE0BE3FA21045ADB0746A1DB3C628D5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-06-2005, 09:25 PM
CobraKid
Road Captain
Default RE: Heritage Classic aftermarket pipes

Welcome to the Forum!!! I must say that is a nice choice you made there with the Heritage!!!! I have the Screaming Eagle II's on my ride and I love them!!! They are not too loud, but are really throaty, roll on the throttle and they know your coming.

Old 05-06-2005, 10:05 PM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad you found us. The Heritage is a very sweet ride. I was stationed in Jacksonville for years, so I know how the weather can be.

Post some pics of your bike along with that good looking dog!

Mac

Old 05-06-2005, 10:44 PM
Lovetoride
Grand HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad you found us! I did the stage one and put screaming eagle 2's on my 05 Heritage, I love it!!!

Ryan

Old 05-06-2005, 11:58 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,268 Likes on 474 Posts

ORIGINAL: sunnfunnc

I still have stock pipes. Info. that anyone can offer with regards to performance, costs, appearance and sound of aftermarket pipes would be greatly appreciated. To say I'm unsure about which pipes to go with is an understatement. For what they cost, I want to do it right the FIRST time!!

Thanks!

sunnfunnc
What are you looking for in pipes? Strictly performance? Looks? Both?

The Heritage is designed to look similar to a rigid frame dresser in a generic sort of way. The stock pipes don't really fit that image, as well as being too quiet. The pipes that came on the "original" were 2 into 1 head pipes feeding a single muffler on the right side. The muffler usually had a "fishtail" end on it. Often riders removed the muffler and ran a straight pipe fishtail extension. The sound is louder than stock, but not obnoxiously so. It also sounds completely different than any other HD exhaust. If you want to see what a set looks like, go to the photo section and look in "Bikes". I have a couple shots of my '78 FLH with the pipes.

Old 05-07-2005, 12:51 AM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

welcome to the forum, i live in jacksonville. maybe we can get together sometime.!

Old 05-07-2005, 01:35 PM
monkyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome and congrats! I'm in the same boat about exhaust and weather. Every weekend I plan on going to the dealer to listen to the bikes roll in and see what they sound like with different systems, but it seems to be crappy out or I have to work. Good luck with you choice!

Old 05-07-2005, 03:37 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

Howdy Sunn and welcome to Harley Country. I don't know very much about exhaust systems, but I'm sure that you will get plenty of advice from our fellow members here. Enjoy your Heritage and enjoy the ride.

Old 05-07-2005, 05:24 PM
Harley Rulz
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome from Texas.Enjoy the forum and the new bike.

P.S. Cool dog
Craig

Old 05-07-2005, 07:34 PM
sunnfunnc
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: CobraKid

Welcome to the Forum!!! I must say that is a nice choice you made there with the Heritage!!!! I have the Screaming Eagle II's on my ride and I love them!!! They are not too loud, but are really throaty, roll on the throttle and they know your coming.

Thanks CobraKid! I wanted a bike for two-up riding and the Heritage seemed to fit the bill. I've heard Screaming Eagles on a Heritage and I thought they sounded great! That's a good-looking ride you have there.

sunnfunnc

Quick Reply: Heritage Classic aftermarket pipes