Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

yo! ...from Philly

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006 | 06:57 PM
Darkcloud
Cruiser
Default RE: yo! ...from Philly

Hello from South Jersey.

Old 06-20-2006 | 02:31 PM
Reign
|
6th Gear

I just got back from a 4 day ride down to Virginia to meet up with some friends to hang out and play, do some riding and relaxing, had a wonderful time. We left Philly Thursday morning after meeting with 5 ppl from N Jersey and cruised to Mike's Famous HD in Delaware where we met up with more friends and continued down to Virginia headed toward Nags Head. We made the usual stops along the way to fuel up and grab refreshments but we never stopped to eat ...we ate as we rode trying to save time. We even had a water fight at a couple red lights which seemed to amuse the cagers and it kept us cooled off. Somewhere along the way I acquired a water gun (don't know where that came from, lol) and I cruised up and down the line cooling everyone off as we rode. I think I heard a few expletives shouted my way too

We had one near miss out on some twisty back roads where another biker riding alone and from the opposite direction went into a curve too fast and locked his brakes up on the crest of the curve which caused him to skid in our direct path and splitting myself and another bike forcing us into some compromised positioning. Thank God we were alert and avoided being hit ...had to back track to make sure he didnt go into a ditch, fortunately he didn't. Aside from that the only hardship we encountered was some blistering heat on the ride home ...someone said I fell asleep (not literally) on the last leg as I trailed behind not wanting to take a lead postion. Got home at 8PM sunday and at 8:05 was sound asleep on my living room floor! I at some point got up and went to bed and slept til 7:30 AM. I can't remember ever sleeping that long. I hope everyone else had a nice weekend as well.

Have any of you had any interesting trips lately?

Old 06-20-2006 | 02:50 PM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member

That is a nice long ride. I have not been on one of those in ages (short hops to spots around town before getting the Street Bob). Yours sounded fun and (almost) safe.

Ain't never slept that long either.

Have fun ridin' wherever else ya go.

Old 06-20-2006 | 03:22 PM
cjmilez
Ultimate HDF Member

From one gal to another!!! WELCOME from East TX!!!!

Old 06-20-2006 | 03:26 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member

Howdy, welcome to the forum.

Old 06-20-2006 | 03:48 PM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member

WELCOME ABOARD FROM CENTRAL NEW JERSEY

last time I slept on the living room floor alot of Jack daniels was involved[&:]