Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

About Time

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005 | 01:05 AM
ZombieWoof
|
2nd Gear
Default About Time

Hi all. I’ve been reading here for awhile now, and thought I’d step up and introduce myself. I’m a 42-year-old divorced father of one, now living a few miles outside of NYC. I’ve been waiting a long time to saddle up.

I’ve loved motorcycles since I was a kid growing up in the city. I’ve always dreamed about hitting the road, and riding aimlessly across the country. Just riding and living. But for one reason or another, it’s never been right for me to own a bike – until now. I don’t get to have the whole dream. I have responsibilities, and a kid. I can’t be a wandering bum living out of my saddlebags like I’ve always dreamed I someday would. But I can have a bike, and ride eight months of the year instead of driving a car. I can also manage a long road trip once a year too. This is good, I’ll take it. Working for a living will be so much more tolerable when I’m at least partially livin the dream.

I’m coming into a fat chunk of dough in about 3 weeks. I’ll be taking the MSF course in May. I’ve narrowed my selection to the Heritage or the Deluxe. I wish the Deluxe came in brilliant silver pearl. If it did, there would be no contest.

Most likely it will be the Deluxe (white and black two-tone) with a windshield, bags, and longshots. It’s hard to explain the feeling I got just sitting on that bike. It seemed to reach into my soul. It felt something like when I met my wife for the first time, and I knew she was the one for me. Only this feels better because I know the bike will never pack up and split with my best bro! Anyway, in less than a month I’ll finally have the Harley I’ve been dreaming of all these years.

Thanks for all the great info, stories, and laughs. See ya out there.

Old 04-28-2005 | 01:34 AM
Pelonz
Stellar HDF Member
Default RE: About Time

Welcome from SoCal

Old 04-28-2005 | 01:45 AM
fisherdude
Cruiser

Zombiewoof,
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like the roads been kinda ruff, the new bike will help smooth it. Bob

Old 04-28-2005 | 01:50 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Zombie,

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you like the Deluxe a little (lol). Both are nice bikes. It's nice that you're not bitter about your ex (lol again). Been there, done that.

Have fun bike shopping and keep us informed of your decision.

Terry

Old 04-28-2005 | 01:54 AM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member

welcome! from eastern nc!!

Old 04-28-2005 | 02:28 AM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member

Howdy Zombie, welcome to the forum. Congrats on being able to buy a new Harley, it will make things better.

Old 04-28-2005 | 03:36 AM
whiplush
Tourer

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like a good choice to me![sm=smiley4.gif]

Old 04-28-2005 | 10:59 AM
Lovetoride
Grand HDF Member

Glad you found us. Keep us updated with your purchase...

Ryan

Old 04-28-2005 | 02:54 PM
AceArt
Road Warrior

Howdy Zombie, Welcome from central IL. One more good thing you forgot to mention, your Harley will never get jealous if you ride another bike!

Old 04-28-2005 | 06:44 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member

Welcome aboard!! I know the feeling of which you speak WELL!!

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Quick Reply: About Time