Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

Hey, from Iraq

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 03:28 PM
TerrysFatty
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey, from Iraq

Hello all! Im a soldier currently deployed in Iraq and will be home to celebrate finally by rewarding myself with the wind in my very short hair driven by a 2009 Black Denim Fatboy. Been years since I have riden my own bike and they were'nt Harleys. Only rode my buds Harleys and was always jealous. My wife and I both agreed we deserve a present to ourselves to celebrate my accomplishments and her putting up with my crap by being away, and a total loss house fire in 2007. We need something to get us away. And I said there is only 1 thing that will fix that. Been trying to get back into riding for quite a few years now and said I wouldnt do it again unless it was an American made Harley and could afford one. Well i finally got lucky and ordered one from here in Iraq and will pick it up at the dealer in Sept. I already picked out V&H Pro Pipe BP. As soon as all paperwork is final and dealer knows bike is coming, new pipe. I have searched through alot of forums and this is where i finally found to register and stay. Long story short... Im a SGT in the Army, 42 years young, came back in the military in 2005 at 39 to help out after being out of the Air Force for 18 years. Thanks to all the Armed Forces supporters ive read on this site. Your all gonna see me around now and there are some fantastic bikes on this site and alot of info. If I had faster internet over here I probably would have read the whole site already. Ride Safe and Brothers In Arms Stay Safe.....Out.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:37 PM
jknowlton
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome,
Thank you for your service!!
Congrats on your wise decision.
I found this website shortly after returning from 13 months Iraq in 2007, and this is has been the best web site. I contemplated purchasing through AAFES, and just couldnt figure out what motorcycle I wanted. I settled on a 2007 Softail Night Train in Black Denim and have loved it ever since!

Post some pics in your profile, search around and you will find all the information that you will ever need, and if not, post the question and someone will point you in the right direction!

Old 07-01-2009, 04:02 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

Thanks and welcome to the forum.

wish U nothing but the best in all U do and getting Ur feet back on the ground here at home.

Indy

Old 07-01-2009, 04:50 PM
Wassup8687
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for your service and welcome aboard from New York.

Old 07-01-2009, 04:52 PM
seawolf66
3rd Gear

Welcome to the forum.
Thanks for your service to our country..

Old 07-01-2009, 05:55 PM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome from Nawlins!!!

Old 07-01-2009, 06:24 PM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,059 Likes on 633 Posts

How - Dee from California, and Thank You for your Service

Old 07-01-2009, 06:40 PM
Pops
Road Captain

Greetings from Alaska

Old 07-01-2009, 06:47 PM
tym
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by TerrysFatty
Hello all! Im a soldier currently deployed in Iraq and will be home to celebrate finally by rewarding myself with the wind in my very short hair driven by a 2009 Black Denim Fatboy. Been years since I have riden my own bike and they were'nt Harleys. Only rode my buds Harleys and was always jealous. My wife and I both agreed we deserve a present to ourselves to celebrate my accomplishments and her putting up with my crap by being away, and a total loss house fire in 2007. We need something to get us away. And I said there is only 1 thing that will fix that. Been trying to get back into riding for quite a few years now and said I wouldnt do it again unless it was an American made Harley and could afford one. Well i finally got lucky and ordered one from here in Iraq and will pick it up at the dealer in Sept. I already picked out V&H Pro Pipe BP. As soon as all paperwork is final and dealer knows bike is coming, new pipe. I have searched through alot of forums and this is where i finally found to register and stay. Long story short... Im a SGT in the Army, 42 years young, came back in the military in 2005 at 39 to help out after being out of the Air Force for 18 years. Thanks to all the Armed Forces supporters ive read on this site. Your all gonna see me around now and there are some fantastic bikes on this site and alot of info. If I had faster internet over here I probably would have read the whole site already. Ride Safe and Brothers In Arms Stay Safe.....Out.
Hey Terry,
Thanks for all you have done now get home safe!
Cheers,
Ty
Ex-Navy vet from several fun-cades during the cold war

Old 07-01-2009, 07:08 PM
wildman67
Extreme HDF Member

welcome from maryland!

Quick Reply: Hey, from Iraq