Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

Hi from across the Pond

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009 | 10:23 PM
Muddcat
Tourer

Hello and welcome from Texas

Old 04-07-2009 | 08:34 AM
kkinderen
Road Master

Welcome from Falls Church, VA! I was stationed over in Holy Loch back in the 80s. Beautiful country! I wish I rode back then.

Old 04-07-2009 | 09:13 PM
desert-boater
Tourer

Welcome from Charlotte, NC!

Old 04-07-2009 | 09:14 PM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member

Welcome from the Show Me State...

Old 04-08-2009 | 03:15 PM
MISFIT456
Outstanding HDF Member

Welcome from Idaho!

Old 04-17-2009 | 12:34 PM
2002fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Welcome from Atlanta!

Old 05-12-2009 | 09:49 AM
FXDXTSport
Stellar HDF Member

Stuarty,

Welcome form the Northwest US. I just returned from a two week "guys" golf trip in your great country. We started in Edinbourgh, played North Berwick, Gulane, Murfield and the Renaissance Club. Then went to St. Andrews and played the Old Course, Castle Course and Kingsbarns. From there we went North. Played Carnoustie, Royal Aberdeen and Cruden Bay. Then went way North, played Royal Dornach and then returned to Edinbourgh, playing Gleneagles on the way back. Twelve rounds in eleven days.

Saw lots of bikes but only a few Harleys. With the narrow roads a bike is a great way to get around, although you guys do ride on the wrong side of the road . What was reall amazing is that we covered over a thousand miles and didn't see a single cop car. We had some great weather on our trip (got up to 60 degrees Fahrenheit one day). However, you need to be a real man to ride year 'round over there, especially when you are on the coast. Hey, I even had Haggis for breakfast the last day. Now I feel kind of Scottish. Of course, the trip to the Glenmorangie distillery and the great Scotch might have contributed a little bit to that feeling. Hope you get over on this side of the pond someday.

Old 05-12-2009 | 10:25 AM
Photo
Outstanding HDF Member

Welcome from Bristol, England

Old 05-13-2009 | 11:38 AM
Stuarty
|
5th Gear

Originally Posted by FXDXTSport
Stuarty,

Welcome form the Northwest US. I just returned from a two week "guys" golf trip in your great country. We started in Edinbourgh, played North Berwick, Gulane, Murfield and the Renaissance Club. Then went to St. Andrews and played the Old Course, Castle Course and Kingsbarns. From there we went North. Played Carnoustie, Royal Aberdeen and Cruden Bay. Then went way North, played Royal Dornach and then returned to Edinbourgh, playing Gleneagles on the way back. Twelve rounds in eleven days.

Saw lots of bikes but only a few Harleys. With the narrow roads a bike is a great way to get around, although you guys do ride on the wrong side of the road . What was reall amazing is that we covered over a thousand miles and didn't see a single cop car. We had some great weather on our trip (got up to 60 degrees Fahrenheit one day). However, you need to be a real man to ride year 'round over there, especially when you are on the coast. Hey, I even had Haggis for breakfast the last day. Now I feel kind of Scottish. Of course, the trip to the Glenmorangie distillery and the great Scotch might have contributed a little bit to that feeling. Hope you get over on this side of the pond someday.
Sounds like you played some of the best courses in Scotland. Next time you are over get yourself down Ayrshire way on the West Coast and try some of the links courses there. Places like Turnberry and Troon, havent played golf for a very long time but these courses will test you.

Aye, riding all year round in Scotland is a challenge. It gets very cold and sometimes snow is a real problem. The howling winds and the horizontal rain is something you get used to The haggis is also very good for you as are "The Waters"

Pleased you enjoyed your trip.....and isnt it you guys who ride on the wrong side of the road

Old 05-13-2009 | 11:43 AM
ptw***
Outstanding HDF Member

Welcome from Sweden! Safe ride!

Quick Reply: Hi from across the Pond