Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

New Harley Owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009 | 09:58 AM
The Ground Truth
|
Cruiser
Default New Harley Owner

Hey everyone, I just wanted to take the time to do a proper introduction here on the forum. My name is Richie and I am the proud owner of a 09 Street Bob tha I just picked up this weekend. I had been bikeless for about 2 years now because I sold my crotch rocket before my last deployment to Iraq (I'm with the 101st Airborne Div) and have been wanting to replace it since. So this weekend I was driving around with my family and my wife asked me "Honey whats wrong you look miserable?". I then apologized and said "sorry baby its just a really nice day out and everywhere I look there is a guy and his bike and I just miss riding alot." Then she said, "Well I can't have you looking like that anymore, lets get you a new bike!" Next day I was riding away on my new Street Bob. I'm definitely a lucky guy.

Old 02-04-2009 | 10:02 AM
Geezer2
Ultimate HDF Member

Congratulations. Great bike..great wife. Thank you for your service and welcome from central Washington. Real happy to have you in the HD Forum family. Be safe. Geezer

Old 02-04-2009 | 10:13 AM
Rick5150
Advanced

Welcome from Londonderry, NH. Thank you for everything you have done for this country. It is people like you who help us maintain our state motto "Live Free or Die."

Old 02-04-2009 | 10:16 AM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member

welcome from portland oregon

Old 02-04-2009 | 10:22 AM
glebo
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Hello from Hope Mills NC. My son is in the 502d, we were just up to see him before the holidays.

Thanks for your service and enjoy your new scoot.

Did ya get it at Appletons??

Old 02-04-2009 | 10:27 AM
Ricks Ride
Road Captain

Welcome Richie. Post some pics of your new bike when you can. You are a lucky man. It is funny but my wife did pretty much the same thing. I ordered mine and it came in right before I left for Iraq last time. It was pretty rough knowing that it sat in my garage all lonely while I was gone. Good folks here and welcome home.

Old 02-04-2009 | 10:29 AM
The Ground Truth
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by glebo
Hello from Hope Mills NC. My son is in the 502d, we were just up to see him before the holidays.

Thanks for your service and enjoy your new scoot.

Did ya get it at Appletons??
I'm in 2nd BCT as well; small world. No I didn't go to Appletons, I had heard some stories about them ripping off Soldiers so I took the ride to Bost HD in Nashville. They had a huge selection with great prices and people. The shop looks like a 50's diner too...the whole place had a great vibe about it.

Old 02-04-2009 | 10:36 AM
The Ground Truth
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Ricks Ride
Welcome Richie. Post some pics of your new bike when you can. You are a lucky man. It is funny but my wife did pretty much the same thing. I ordered mine and it came in right before I left for Iraq last time. It was pretty rough knowing that it sat in my garage all lonely while I was gone. Good folks here and welcome home.
Thanks, I definitely will. Knowing I had an awesome ride just sitting in my garage would definitely drive me crazy.

Old 02-04-2009 | 10:48 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member

Welcome aboard and thanks for your service!

Old 02-04-2009 | 10:56 AM
barnyard
Ultimate HDF Member

Welcome from Kentucky.

Quick Reply: New Harley Owner