Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

Howdy all!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006 | 05:58 AM
Bad Mojo
|
Tourer
Default Howdy all!

After lurking for a month, I've been prompted to jump in and introduce myself ...

I'm 32, seperated from the Air Force (back in '01) after eight years and currently work as a gov't contractor in Maryland supporting the NSA.

As a rider I'm about as inexperienced as they come, just some time on various mopeds when I was 10-15 or so. I finally decided to take the plunge and do something I've always wanted to do, ride.

I've got a Black Denim Street Bob on order from the local HD dealership (should be delivered in March) and I got an April 6th date for the Rider's Edge course. Most Forums I've been on usually recommend a 600cc crotch rocket to newcomer's, but I decided to go cruiser because I think it fits my personality a little better. Besides, my daily driver is a turbo '02 Firehawk (Trans Am) with well over 500hp to the ground, and that gets me into enough trouble as it is. The thought of just cruising and taking it easy appeals to me more than the need to go fast and probably end up wrapped around a tree!

I've got a couple of good buddies that I'll be riding with for a while (at least on any long rides) and they'll keep me straight and help me learn the ropes. Both have been riders for decades and I trust 'em both like brothers so I know I can count on 'em to keep me out of trouble.

Anyways, Nice to meet everyone!

Old 02-26-2006 | 06:16 AM
Wolhar
Banned
Default RE: Howdy all!

Well welcome! Street Bob huh. Got a buddy with one of them. Nice bike! You should do fine, no better way to learn than Ridin! You also got plenty of time to get the digital camera tuned up, we love pics around here! Good luck , and again welcome to HDF! By the way my son has a 600 crotch rocket, ok for the young guys but a pain in the *** for us cruiser built guys! Plenty fast but not so hot for any distance riding.

Old 02-26-2006 | 06:23 AM
Bad Mojo
|
Tourer

Thanks man

Can't wait to get on it and go! I could have picked up an earlier order, but then I'd have the frustration of knowing it was in the garage and not being able to ride it I got a nice digicam, though a stock bob probably won't be very exciting - waiting to do mods until I get some factory seat time and get used to it. Maybe at the 1,000 mile service

Old 02-26-2006 | 06:27 AM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member

Welcome from the "Land of the Midnight Sun", Alaska

Old 02-26-2006 | 06:30 AM
Bad Mojo
|
Tourer

ORIGINAL: AK_Hog_Herder

Welcome from the "Land of the Midnight Sun", Alaska
Thanks for the welcome!

I was just talking to the wife about hitting Alaska some day for a vacation, my 6 yr old wants to see the northern lights

Old 02-26-2006 | 06:44 AM
TEL8109
Cruiser

Welcome to the forum Robert. Street Bob is a great looking bike. Congrats and ride safe.

Old 02-26-2006 | 06:50 AM
Bad Mojo
|
Tourer

ORIGINAL: TEL8109

Welcome to the forum Robert. Street Bob is a great looking bike. Congrats and ride safe.
Thanks for the welcome! I'm all for safety, hopefully I keep just enough fear to not forget that if something goes wrong I'm not protected by a cage and airbags!

Old 02-26-2006 | 07:33 AM
liam51
Outstanding HDF Member

[sm=smiley31.gif]Welcome to the Forum from Frigid[:'(]Downeast Maine.[sm=welcomesign.gif]

Old 02-26-2006 | 10:11 AM
100thRK
Elite HDF Member

Welcome from Louisiana.

Old 02-26-2006 | 10:41 AM
HDF Tech
Banned

Welcome to the forum from NY. Stick around and learn all you can here.

Quick Reply: Howdy all!