Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

trading buell for street bob

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006 | 10:00 PM
clayman
|
Road Master
Default trading buell for street bob

Hi every body i have reading the posts in this form for a couple of weeks now and have found all the info very usefull, thanks. I have had a couple of harleys in the past, both ridgid shovels. I stoped riding for several years but got the bug a couple of years ago and bought a dual sport and really enjoyed that style of riding, i recently bought a buell ulysses, and although i love the bike i have been really missing the old harleys. I made a decision 2 weeks ago to trade it in for the street bob, ive got a deposit holding the bike and hopefully getting it in a week. My wife is also getting a new sportster, so we are both on pins and needles eagerly anticipating the big day.

Old 02-20-2006 | 11:22 PM
hdman
Road Captain
Default RE: trading buell for street bob

clayman: Welcome to the Forum. There is alot of good info here. Congrats on the Bikes that are coming your way. Know it is very hard to WAIT, but what a thrill for you in the near future.... enjoy....hdman

Old 02-20-2006 | 11:24 PM
ladyglide
Elite HDF Member

Right on!! Congrats to BOTH of you!! My honey is my bestest riding bud!

Old 02-20-2006 | 11:32 PM
Snarly
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: clayman

Hi every body i have reading the posts in this form for a couple of weeks now and have found all the info very usefull, thanks.
Hi Clay, to the forum. We're happy to have you with us. I would be interested in your opinion of the Buell. Enjoy the site and ride safe.

Old 02-21-2006 | 12:12 AM
clayman
|
Road Master

My opinion on the buell. I like it alot. plenty of power and handles great in the corners. I dont like the seat height, i am 6-2 and cant flat foot it. So for a bike that was intended to go off road you are already at a dissadvantage, plus as much as i love the V-twin i dont feel that it is a good engine for slow speed off roading. I think the one thing that i am going to miss the most is the power that it produces, its been a long time since ive been on a cruiser so i hope i wont be let down in that area. I think that the ulysses will be a great bike once they work a few of the kinks out but all in all they put alot of thought into it and didnt cheep out in parts. I am thinking that i will buy another in a couple of years but as a second bike, my first love is the chopper

Old 02-21-2006 | 09:28 AM
Reino
Ultimate HDF Member

Welcome Clay and good to see the wife getting a Harley too.

Old 02-21-2006 | 10:34 AM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Welcome from TN.

Old 02-21-2006 | 11:07 AM
liam51
Outstanding HDF Member

Greetings, Clayman and Wife

Old 02-21-2006 | 02:05 PM
solorider
Outstanding HDF Member

Welcome from Wisconsin! Thanks for the input on the Ulysses, I know a few people that work at the Buell Plant and they said that this model is selling like hotcakes. I'm sure you'll like the Street Bob too.

Enjoy the forum!

Old 02-21-2006 | 04:24 PM
mojo workin
Cruiser

Welcome from Wisconsin.

Quick Reply: trading buell for street bob