Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

Hello from SoCal

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005 | 03:44 PM
Skullster
|
Cruiser
Default RE: Hello from SoCal

Thanks for all the welcomes!!! Anybody know a biker sunshine dance to make the record rainfall in Seattle I mean Southern California go away?

Old 03-05-2005 | 05:38 PM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Skullster

Thanks for all the welcomes!!! Anybody know a biker sunshine dance to make the record rainfall in Seattle I mean Southern California go away?
Welcome to the forum from the Arizona Rain Forest. I hear your pain Bro. Since I got my new scoot in January, we have had over double the normal rain fall for this year. It has got to stop sometime..., doesn't it?

Old 03-05-2005 | 06:39 PM
Skullster
|
Cruiser

Arizona Rain Forest! That's a good one! They say we haven't had this much rain in over 100 years! Go figure it happens in the first year we get a new bike??? Me thinks I am going to check out the rain gear thread for some more info real soon.

Hey maybe if I buy some rain gear, and you know spend/invest in the new gear, it will just quit raining for the next 100 years to spite me?

Old 03-05-2005 | 07:31 PM
Pirate
Road Master

HIYa Skullster

Welcome to the forum!

Old 03-05-2005 | 07:39 PM
Skullster
|
Cruiser

Thanks Pirate!
Im enjoying the forum but still struggling to crack the picture code.

Old 03-05-2005 | 08:00 PM
Ironhead
Stellar HDF Member

Hiya' Skullster.

Host your pic and add [img] your pic html [/img] and Whala!

Have fun!

Old 03-05-2005 | 08:25 PM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Skullster

Arizona Rain Forest! That's a good one! They say we haven't had this much rain in over 100 years! Go figure it happens in the first year we get a new bike??? Me thinks I am going to check out the rain gear thread for some more info real soon.

Hey maybe if I buy some rain gear, and you know spend/invest in the new gear, it will just quit raining for the next 100 years to spite me?
I thought about rain gear but I'm not too sure of my capabilities on wet pavement...yet and we have snakes here in AZ. A snake is when they patch cracked asphalt with tar very slippery when wet and/or hot.
Are they dangerous? Yes especially to motorbikes.
Does MVD know that they are dangerous? YES!
Do they do it anyway? YES!!! [sm=guilty.gif]

When the monsoon season hits in July, I will have more experience and I will buy some rain gear then. But, for now I must be content to be a fair weather rider.

Old 03-05-2005 | 08:36 PM
Skullster
|
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Ironhead

Hiya' Skullster.

Host your pic and add [img] your pic html [/img] and Whala!

Have fun!
Thanks Ironhead. I can see my picture on the image hosting website and can copy all the codes and paste etc etc etc but for some reason I can't seem to get the photo placed in my profile, a signature, an avatar, or in a message. But hey, I'm a stubborn ole bastard so I'll keep at it!

Old 03-06-2005 | 12:08 AM
Skullster
|
Cruiser

Well this whole picture experience has been about as fun as pulling teeth on a rain slick highway. Managed to get my bike posted off to the left. I think it is an avatar? Still can't seem to get a picture in the profile or figure out how to put one in my signature.

Old 03-06-2005 | 01:14 AM
Lovetoride
Grand HDF Member

Glad you found us. Let me know if you can't figure out how to post your pic...

Ryan

Quick Reply: Hello from SoCal