Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

Names D

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008 | 12:44 AM
Djstorm100
|
Advanced
Default Names D

Hey, Names Dustin or D for short. I have a 8 Nightster. I just started riding back in Oct. Funny how I got in to riding. My dad use to ride all the time when he was my age (20) Well when my parents found out they were going to have a kid, well the bike had to go. Comes 19 years later I wanted to get me a bike, saved up enought money. I caught hell from both parents but mostly my mom. So instead of getting a bike. I went and bought me a 91 fox mustang, which I'm restoring. I always loved cars and building them, and I always had a wrench in my hand since I was 2. I use to go under my dad's truck while he was doing a oil change and with my "little tikes" tools act like I'm helping him.

Anyway his best friend (Sammy)and my dad went out riding one day, Sammy had ultra glide and a sporters. Well after there little adventure, the bug had bite my dad. He went looking at all bikes but never a harley. He ended up picking up a vtx1800r. When I found out he had bought it, honestly I was pissed as hell. I always wanted a bike, about to buy me one with my own money. I didnt bc of the hell I got from the parents. To make things worst I had to drive my dad down a hour and half to the dealership to get! Talk about tourture.

By this time I had 4k saved up I was determined to get me a bike. Few days go by and I guess he felt bad for giving me crap for wanting a bike, and then going and buying him one. He finally saids one day when I get my permit he would help me get one. Next day went to the DMV to take the test, passed (only missed 2, can miss up to 5 and still pass in nc) walked in to work that day and showed it to him. Next thing out of his mouth when he saw it,was "oh ****.."haha

I had 4k saved up and we ended up getting another honda.My first motorcycle ever I had was a 750 shadow spirt c2 (drive shalf) I loved that bike, and was greatful that dad threw in 1g to help me get it. This was in oct. He buysall these goodies fo rhis bike.Exhaust, fuel tuner, ect ect I install them and tune bike. He still cant get it to sound like Sammy's bike. In Feb he goes looking for a Harley becuase he realize he can't make hisHonda sound like a Harley Looking throught the book and finds the one he loves... Screaming Eagle Road King. He finally found one about a hour and half away and goes and trades his in. Beautiful bike, I never was a harley fan untill I got to hear it and started looking at the bikes they had. They use to have a bad rap for breaking down, before being mass produce. My Dad comes in one day in my office (we work together, he owns his own business) and tells me if I wanted a Harley. I'm confused at exactly what hes getting at. He finally saids "I can't have my son show up on a honda when I got Harley" I'm seriously think hes joking right? Well he wasn't, few days later we go to another dealership and did the deal I paid for half and my dad paid for half.I'm truely blessed, really. I do whatever I can to help my dad out, I guess he was showing that he apperance it.

Old 03-13-2008 | 03:00 AM
trainwreck
Advanced
Default RE: Names D

Welcome from Pa.

Old 03-13-2008 | 05:58 AM
BigDaddy2
Tourer

Welcome to the forum

Old 03-13-2008 | 08:18 AM
Dennydp
Elite HDF Member

Welcome from the Seattle area

Old 03-13-2008 | 08:19 AM
danielo
Elite HDF Member

Welcome,from Pampa Tx.

Old 03-13-2008 | 08:54 AM
andy121
Tourer

Welcome From England,Enjoy

Old 03-13-2008 | 09:16 AM
Pooh AKA Bear
Road Captain

Great story!! Howdy and welcome from TX!!

Old 03-13-2008 | 11:26 AM
skipit
Ultimate HDF Member

Greetings from central Calif..

Old 03-13-2008 | 02:09 PM
Malac Frost
Tourer

Hello and welcome from Boise, ID. This is a great place with a wealth of knowledge. So dont be shy and jump right in with what ever you got...we are listening and ready.

Malac

Old 03-13-2008 | 04:40 PM
Xtreme Hawg
Elite HDF Member

Hello from Southeast Louisiana and [sm=welcomesign.gif]to our family...

Quick Reply: Names D