Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

How do you put a picture in your signature?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 12:48 AM
PriestFan
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you put a picture in your signature?

I see alot of folks have put images of their bikes and other stuff in their signatures, and I was wondering how to do that. I've looked all over and I'm just to stupid to figure it out. Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 01-16-2006, 12:52 AM
Snarly
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How do you put a picture in your signature?

ORIGINAL: PriestFan

I see alot of folks have put images of their bikes and other stuff in their signatures, and I was wondering how to do that. I've looked all over and I'm just to stupid to figure it out. Thanks in advance for any help.
Try this.......Posting Pic's

Old 01-16-2006, 01:10 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

I just PM'd you directions on posting pictures in the body of your post or in your signature. Just follow those directions and you should be fine. Here is what I sent if anyone else wants to try. I have helped a lot of peopler over the last few weeks and these directions seem to be easy enough to understant.

If you want to post full size pictures you have to use a picture host on the net. Go to www.photobucket.com and sign up. Then download your pictures from your computer to photo bucket. Once you get the ones you want downloaded pick a picture you want to post here. Just below the picture (in photo bucket) you will see a URL. Right click and copy it. Now go back to the forum and when you are in your post look up below the bottom right smiley face and you will see an image button. Click on it and it will insert this in your post [IMG][/IMG]. Now see the two middle brackets--][-- Put you cursor between them and right click and ipaste your copied URL from photo bucket here. When you are done it will look like this. [IMG]http//photobucketmyphotosomething[/IMG]. Now scroll down and click OK. Your picture should be in your post.

If you want a picture in your signature you will do basically the same thing except after you have copied your URL from photo bucket go back to the forum and click on "My Profile" at the top of the forum page. Now scroll down until you see "My Signature". In the white box on the right type [IMG] then insert (paste) your URL. Now type [/IMG] It has to be exact with no spaces between your image brackets and the URL. Now scroll down and click on OK or Apply and your image should be saved in your signature. Do another test to see if it worked.

If you have any questions, send me a pm.

Terry

Old 01-16-2006, 01:20 AM
PriestFan
Road Captain

Terry and Snarly,

Thank you both very much for the help. I can be very stupid sometimes when I try to get the computer to do something.LOL I've been reading and reading the directions, but I couldn't get anything to work. Thanks again guys for your help. It's very much appreciated.

Old 01-16-2006, 10:15 PM
gasman
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been having the same problem. I'm posting to see if it works..

Old 01-16-2006, 10:32 PM
Jock !!!
Cruiser

Success...Enjoy...