Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

VTwin Talk

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005 | 07:18 PM
Phramed
|
6th Gear
Default VTwin Talk

I have no probelm with the new name but it may be a bit confusing to the riders of victory, VTX, intruder, Vulcan, road star guys and gals, etc. When I bought my first V twin about 1986 I was so enthralled with the sound and what a bike should sound like that I just assumed at the time that a Vtwin is a Vtwin (it was a Yamaha Virago). I know most folks are proud of their bikes and many of the folks that have other marques eventually want to go to the Harley motor. There are some folks (ie victory) who will probably never do the harley thing but are convinced there Vtwin is worthy of discussion also. I realize this is a Harley site and maybe I am over stepping bounds here, but I thought I would mention it.
bob

Old 02-22-2005 | 07:31 PM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member
Default RE: VTwin Talk

I thought the same thing. S&S engined customs, that sort of thing, I agree is welcome to most people here, but rice?

Don't get me wrong, I had a VT750 (honda) and a Virago, but my mentality at the time doesn't fit here. I've got a buddy that has a new Yamaha vt, but when we are talking, he just doesn't get it. He complains about HD prices and aftermarket costs, but meanwhile rides a wannabe bike, and is negative all the time. It's like he's trying to justify his ride, and I'm afraid that we may get some people here that don't understand, and try to cut up HD to justify their purchase.

A better name may have been, AmericanVTwin.com

Old 02-22-2005 | 07:34 PM
Pelonz
Stellar HDF Member

It is the opinion of many here in this forum, myself included, that there is only one V-Twin and that would be HD.....

Old 02-22-2005 | 07:47 PM
investorsc
Road Master

Was there a problem with the old name from the Motor COmpany? I really think the new name is misleading unless we intend to expand the forum to all domestic and non-domestic V-twins. My interest may decrease if so!

BRUCE

Old 02-22-2005 | 08:16 PM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member

AMERICAN V-TWINS is where the board is at! Our focus is Harley, never fear. There are no plans to add a "Shadow" forum to the list of bikes, or a "Virago" Forum.

This place is for Harley talk...and Harley talk it will be.

Mac

Old 02-22-2005 | 08:37 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Joe Scout

I thought the same thing. S&S engined customs, that sort of thing, I agree is welcome to most people here, but rice?

Don't get me wrong, I had a VT750 (honda) and a Virago, but my mentality at the time doesn't fit here. I've got a buddy that has a new Yamaha vt, but when we are talking, he just doesn't get it. He complains about HD prices and aftermarket costs, but meanwhile rides a wannabe bike, and is negative all the time. It's like he's trying to justify his ride, and I'm afraid that we may get some people here that don't understand, and try to cut up HD to justify their purchase.

A better name may have been, AmericanVTwin.com

If we get anyone that cuts HD down, we'll just have to set 'em straight. If they refuse to "get it", then we'll just have to send 'em packing!

I'm not too worried. We have a great bunch of people here, and we are fully capable of taking care of business if needed.

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 02-22-2005 | 08:37 PM
breaknbad
Road Warrior

I have been gone for a couple of days and everything changed?

Kind of like waking up from a coma and saying what happened.

I dont mind the change, but i feel we might have to explain to a few people that this is a harley forum.

I am here for the long haul.

this is the Best site out there regardless of what it is called.

David

Old 02-22-2005 | 08:52 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member

This might be a Harley thing, and the company is putting on pressure. I know that the Ford Diesel Forum, and the Dodge Diesel Forum had to take Ford and Dodge out of their names because of pressure from the respective companies. I also know that Harley is very protective of the company name, logo, and at one time tried to trademark the sound to prevent aftermarket companies from manufacturing engines that sounded like Harleys.

Regards,

Bill

Old 02-22-2005 | 09:22 PM
CobraKid
Road Captain

Pilot, I think you hit the nail on the head, why not call it "American V-Twin Talk"?????????

Old 02-22-2005 | 09:40 PM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member

I checked it, it was taken. We'll be alright...[sm=smiley20.gif]

Like I said, you won't see a "Shadow" forum under bikes...so we be good!

Mac

Quick Reply: VTwin Talk