Welcome Area Only New Member Welcome Area Only. Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what Harley Davidson you own. Save your bike related questions for the proper area.

VTwin Talk

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005 | 05:04 AM
investorsc
Road Master
Default RE: VTwin Talk

Pirate- That was my exact response after I read about 4 bros.....I am the only boy with 4 sisters....there is a balance in the world! I saw a guy on a VTX yesterday, all bundled up in the cold. The damn thing had a VERY silly pipe on it- it was at least 8" in diameter..... Big megaphone sound- Kinda dressed like a Heritage Classic. I had a VTX first year they came out for exactly 1 month......THe truth is as soon as I bought it, I began hanging out at the HArley Dealer thinking I was a V-twin guy...Bought the shirts, and then the bikes......

22K in a VTX- Yeah I can see that mistake happening!

BRUCE

Old 02-24-2005 | 05:28 AM
Pirate
Road Master

Bruce,

I can't imagine spending that kind of money and not having a harley under me.

4 Sisters... Man I bet you got your share of abuse<lol> I have balance 2 sisters 2 brothers.

Old 02-24-2005 | 08:55 AM
investorsc
Road Master

I was the oldest, the biggest, and the loudest (LIke any of that helped).... So I spent a lot of time outdoors playing with cars, bikes, etc. since age 11..... I guess ou could say they did me a favor...................nah..

BRUCE

Old 02-26-2005 | 04:25 PM
Phramed
|
6th Gear

This thread was a heck of a start to my owning a harley. I get the Black Cherry red Ultra next week with an oil cooler and and extra speakers/mike set up. I got the breakin oil change and servic thrown in except for the materials and the price of the bike was not gouged. I always understood why that took place, I just wasn't willing to participate. I plan on a few changes but not many. I will put a few thousand miles on "phred" (phat red) before making any decisions. My beemer (2001 stilletto/1200C) and 2003 VS1400 intruder for sale now as I will change to a one motorcyle guy! I hope to get at least 10K on him in the year 2005. Hope I will run into some of you on the road
bob

(well not really "run into you.......")

Old 02-26-2005 | 04:55 PM
fryeca
Tourer

Just wanted to end this thread on a happy note. The linked thread below was started by our friend poccocj on another site and has been well received...I just love a good ending.

http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopi...ca563627ba3512

Old 02-27-2005 | 02:25 AM
Sincecrazy
Road Warrior

I dont know how many of you have taken the time to browse through that thread (not to be confused with Skips post), but its long drawn out, boring, whinning, slamming, b.s. It can make you really apprectiate this forum for both its content and its members. Nuff said.

Old 02-27-2005 | 03:14 AM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member

Yeah, after the first few responses it started going south. Guess I should left well enough alone after participating in the earlier thread.

One thing to remember about message boards, etc. Words, without accompanying facial expressions and voice intonations, can easily be misconstrued.

And FWIW, I'll have something to say whenever I hear or read somebody slamming someone else's choice of a ride.

Now, let's all get back to deciding whether those Sporty riders are really girly-guys.

Old 02-27-2005 | 04:23 PM
Tejas
Stage I

Mr Admin.

Please remove my account. I'm not here to stir anything up. But when I found American V Twin, that to me is all things V Twin made in America. Since I see the posting and attitudes by most from this thread including the Admin, Please remove My membership. I want nothing to do with narrow minded bike riders. If I wanted that I'd go play with the hard cores. At least there you truely know the men from the wannabes that are here.

T

Old 02-27-2005 | 04:36 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Tejas

Mr Admin.

Please remove my account. I'm not here to stir anything up. But when I found American V Twin, that to me is all things V Twin made in America. Since I see the posting and attitudes by most from this thread including the Admin, Please remove My membership. I want nothing to do with narrow minded bike riders. If I wanted that I'd go play with the hard cores. At least there you truely know the men from the wannabes that are here.

T
Oh please... how pathetic. Go cry a river somewhere else. This forum was started as a HARLEY DAVIDSON discussion forum. The topics are about Harley, the members here, for the most part, are Harley riders or soon-to-be Harley riders, and we want to talk about HARLEYs.

Plus, I've read some of the **** you guys spew out over on your board, you slam Harleys and Harley riders WAY more than we even MENTION non-Harleys here, so take a long look in the mirror before you call US narrow minded.

Don't let the door slam you in the *** on the way out.

Clammy

Old 02-27-2005 | 05:19 PM
lostinal
Cruiser

Darn , At work , sunday, raining , and missing all the fun and yes I rode the only AMERICAN
V TWIN TO WORK , HARLEY . Keep up the good work . LOSTINAL

Quick Reply: VTwin Talk